PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Home on the Range is sooo cute..

new_mommy25
07-12-2003, 03:15 AM
I went to into Gymboree for the first time today, even though it's located in the mall where I work. I have no idea why I never went in there before, but I am seriously wishing I had stayed far far away. I have never seen such adorable baby clothes before. I instantly fell in love with the home on the range line, and before I knew it I was walking out the store with cowboy boots, a cowboy hat and a bib.
http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_category.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1474619&CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=826301&bmUID=1057995905722
I know these items are not practical in the least, but think of the pictures!
Anyway, since I am not familiar with Gymboree, I was wondering what the turnover rate is. I'd really like to buy the matching denim romper, the onesie etc. because they are too cute, but am reluctant to spend that much money. Does Gymboree have sales often? Will they price adjust if something does go on sale?
I worked at the Gap a few years ago so I am good at pinpointing when they will be having markdowns. Therefore I am always able to get a good deal, I won't pay full price for anything there. I was wondering if Gymboree was similar. Their gymbucks program looks like a good deal too, since theire clothes is so expensive.
Any feedback on the store would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
edited to say: This is off topic but I was so dissapointed that almost the entire store was full of beautiful girls clothing, and the boys had a small section in the back. This seems to be the case everywhere. My next child better be a girl or a will go through withdrawl from not being able to buy such pretty clothes. lol.

Kimberly H
07-12-2003, 06:51 AM
My favorite place to buy Gymboree clothes? eBay! However the nearest store is 2 hours away and we don't have a Gymboree outlet either, though I live in Myrtle Beach, SC - the outlet capital of the world!

I'm going crazy over the Hula stuff for our little girl! DH is very proud I haven't purchased anything yet but you can believe I will on eBay once we have her in our arms.

ddmarsh
07-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Angelita - I had 3 boys before having a girl, so I know exactly what you mean :). My general rule is that I don't pay full price at Gymboree. There really is no reason to with the promotions they run. I'm not sure how long until their markdowns start but it seems like it's to too terribly long after a new line comes out. I really don't often even buy with the first markdown at 20%, I normally wait until it goes to 40% although at that point you have to buy quickly b/c sizes really start to go. They also run a promotion called Gymbucks where for every $25 you spend you receive a coupon for $25 off of $50 and it is typically redeemed several weeks after the promotion ends.

I'm a huge Gap fan for boys clothes and have been amazed at the markdowns they have had this past year. They were discontinuing all boys jeans and khaki styles and I stocked up for all of my boys for the next year. I also love Lands End and LLBean for boys and you can pick much up with them on sale as well (check out landsend.com overstocks page frequently).

Good luck - boys are great fun!

Debbie
Mommy to 3 DS's, 1 DD

kaitlinsmommy
07-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Gymboree gets a new line about every 3 weeks. When a new line comes out, it is generally about 3 weeks until they are marked down.

I love that line too! I have a little girl and thought the red dress with farm animals would be adorable but they only go up to 18 months and she already has too many dresses for this year.

If I am waiting for something to go on sale, I just check the internet to see if it has been reduced before I trek down to the store.

pritchettzoo
07-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Right now they have a 30% off "Friends and Family" discount on everything in the store (except the 2-for deals). Plus once you spend $50 (after discount and before tax), you get "Gymbucks" which are good for $25 off a $50 purchase next month (there's a specific time frame). The 30% deal is with an emailed coupon (from the website's mailing list). I will forward it to you if you email me ([email protected]). If you didn't get this deal, I would return your stuff and buy it again! The sale runs through Sunday.

P.S. We are expecting #1 and it's a DD, so my husband and I spent way too much there last night. People are going to think we have a thing for barnyard animals! But it's just too darn cute!

AngelaS
07-12-2003, 11:38 AM
I bought my the cow/horse sweater and it is SO cute! I want the dress, but I'm not sure how well it'll fit for dd this winter. The big girls stuff is adorable too---I bought A the skort and two shirts! :D I can't wait to go redeem my gymbucks and buy more if it.

I NEVER pay full price there---their sales are frequent enough and they do do price adjustments. Their return policies are loose too---you have SIX months to return something.

And there's also a good resale value. Newborn and little stuff doesn't go as high as bigger sizes on eBay, but you'll get some money back. :D

new_mommy25
07-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Thank you so much. I figured that they would be getting new lines coming in a lot, but 3 weeks is pretty often. I'll definetly have to keep my eye out for the sales. I especially liked the advice about watching the internet for price drops. However as I said before, there is a store in the mall I work in so I can see myself sneaking in there on when I have a few minutes free. Uh oh..
Thats also a good return policy-6 months.
My husband is on a business trip for the next 4 days, and I have been shopping up a storm. (hey, I'm bored). I love to shop but when it was for myself he'd kill me (Do you really need another pair of boots???) (Yes dear, because these ones have a higher heel to go with those new pants I got..)But fortunetly now since most of my shopping is for the baby he is much more forgiving. He even lets me drag him around to different baby stores which is amazing.
A friend of mine also suggested a few consignment stores in the area. She said they sell high end stuff for great prices. Since I now know where they are located, I'm going to head over there too.
Again, thanks for answering my question so thouraghly and promptly :)

heidi_timms
07-14-2003, 01:39 AM
I've heard that Gymboree does major markdowns after gymbucks. I'm not sure if this is true, but I'm still trying to figure out their sale pattern.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

malie
07-14-2003, 10:44 AM
They actually did another set of markdowns today (at least on line). In the newborn section the only thing that is not marked down is the newest line (I'm not sure about the older baby..I actually think they are all marked down). Right now they are still doing Gymbucks but they have also offered free shipping (for $125 or above only so you would have to really want to spend some money...savings would be about $11). Gymbucks are still going on.

Vajrastorm
07-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Curses to Gymboree!!

I went in today to look at the sale stuff, and ended up spending $50 on the cutest ever days of the week onesies. Gender neutral safari animals - which matches our nursery theme. I tried to be good, but unfortunately they were too d@mn cute to pass up. :9

On the bright side, those plus the sale items I bought as gift earned me some gymbucks, lol.

new_mommy25
07-16-2003, 12:41 AM
I know what you mean. I went into Gymboree to exchange some items I bought. I was ONLY GOING TO EXCHANGE, meaning no $$. But alas, I ending up spending $75. The sad part is this is just after plunking
down $50 at Baby Gap. I can say in defense that everything at Gap was clearance so I got a lot for my money. sigh...