PDA

View Full Version : How long do babies wear onesies?

mamagoosie
07-14-2003, 09:37 AM
My dd is 7.5 months now and I'm trying to hit the sales and stock up for next summer. Right now I mostly dress her in one-pieces/onesies with shorts and pants - I hate how t-shirts ride up and give her the "bare belly" look.

My question is - what will she be wearing next year? Do toddlers still wear onesies? Or do they pretty much make the transition to tees once they start walking? There are many deals to be had, but I want to buy the right stuff! TIA!!

Alex

egoldber
07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Once they start to walk, T-shirts are much more convenient than onesies. I would get some T-shirts and a couple onesies if you find them. They are nice to wear under short-alls and things like that.

HTH,

cinrein
07-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Beth,

You mentioned before that 2 pieces are more convenient than onesies when they start to walk. Why is that? Anna is just 5 mos now, so I'm trying to figure out what to expect (as if I could, LOL).

I like the onesies now cuz they don't "hike up" when she's held.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

KathyO
07-15-2003, 01:24 PM
It also depends on the build of the kid - my 2-year-old daughter always had (until last month's growth spurt) a real little belly on her, so we stuck with onesies until age 2 to avoid the "bare belly" look. I don't use them when the weather is stinkin' hot, but liked them fine otherwise. They're harder to find for the older kids, but not impossible (I even have a few that are labelled "36 months", although I don't see why you would put an extra, complicating layer of fabric and snaps on a kid you're presumably trying to toilet train at that point!)

Cheers,

Kate

egoldber
07-15-2003, 03:07 PM
I just find them more convenient. No snaps and things to deal with at diaper changes. Also, once they get mobile, they don't want to be held as much, they're too BUSY! :)

toomanystrollers
07-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Well I wish my daughter (then 2 1/2) was wearing one the day she whipped off her diaper and handed it to me while in line at Walmart.
My ds (almost 2) still wears onesies or anything to prevent him from whipping off his diaper - it must be genetic! I love the one pieces outfits "rompers" from Lands End. For me, it makes my day and diaper changing easier.
-Pam

caroliner
07-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Caroline is 13 months and still mostly wears onesies. I just like how they keep her diaper in place, especially now that she is more mobile and walking. I sometimes put her in t-shirts, but I find it a lot easier to have the onesie.