PDA

View Full Version : Which Lap Pads: Especially for Baby or Carter's?

kels228
07-16-2003, 10:15 PM
Hi,
I wanted to register for a 3-pack of Lap Pads. At BRU they carry both Carter's and Especially for Baby. I had heard that the Carter's were better, but they seemed so thin and they are also smaller (the other brand had some XL ones). But of course they're all packaged up so I can't really tell which I'd rather have. Any suggestions? THANKS!!

Kathleen
Due 11/9/03

nathansmom
07-16-2003, 10:22 PM
I have the Carters and I like them. I've been using them for 6 months and they still look new.

kathsmom
07-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Hi, Kathleen!

I mentioned in another post that I liked the Carter's lap pads better. I have one large one in blue gingham and 2 smaller ones that are white with teddy bears on them. They do a fine job.

HTH!

heidi_timms
07-17-2003, 03:09 PM
We got some Carter's ones which I like, but never use.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Rachels
07-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Carter's! I use them on top of her changing pad, because they're quicker to wash and replace than the whole pad. They're also good to use for diaper changes while traveling.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamahill
07-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Good idea! I was wondering what I could use them for now that she's way past spitting up in bed. Now, where did I put them...

nathansmom
07-17-2003, 05:17 PM
That's what I have used them for. I recieved about 10 as a gift and couldn't figure out what they were for so I use them for diaper changes. What are they really supposed to be used for?

Melaniee
07-18-2003, 02:56 AM
I had a few and used 1 one time. What a waste for us.

I think they used to be for putting on your lap when holding a baby in case the diaper leaked, right?

That is actually how I used it the one time, Ds had a baggy stuck on him for a urine test so he was naked (don't know why I didn't think of putting the diaper back ON him over it - newborn parent sleep deprivation I guess).

lizajane
07-20-2003, 11:12 AM
i put them under DS's head because he is a spitter. i would have had to change the bedding a million times without them...

do NOT get especially for baby! they get all fuzzed up and yucky. def. stick with carters.

at kmart, you can get martha stewart (i know, she is awful...) "crib pads" that are really big. they are ideal for putting on top of the crib sheet. big enough to stay totally flat and safe, and cover diaper mess or spit up mess areas!

Denyse
07-20-2003, 01:23 PM
We have the Carter's ones and have gotten tons of use out of them. They are great for carrying in the diaper bag for diaper changes and we also keep one on his changing pad so we save having to wash the cover so much.

MartiesMom2B
07-21-2003, 07:13 AM
I have especially for Baby and yes they are all fuzzed up and don't look great. I personally don't care because I only use them for the changing tables. So I would get Carter's if they don't fuzz up. For in the crib spitting up, diaper leaks I have sheet savers.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

heidi_timms
07-22-2003, 05:11 AM
I saw some of the Carter's lap pads at two different Ross Stores in our area for super cheap. I can't remember for how much, but you might want to check there if you have a store near you.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03