PDA

View Full Version : over-the-head outfits

first_time mum
07-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Hi,

As many others have mentioned in this board, I am a first-time mom who is scared to use over-the-head onesies. So I got some that are front-snap bodysuits and plan to get some side-snap t-shirts at least for the initial stages until I get comfortable.

But my question is- what about the actual outfits? Should I try to buy some that are not over-the-head? Do they even come that way? I am assuming at least sleepers will probably be that way with button-front- is it true?

-SP

agomalley
07-17-2003, 11:42 AM
I used the side snap t-shirts at first, too and really liked them. You'll find that the baby will be in sleepers for most of the time at first and they are all front snap. Many outfits have snaps at the shoulders and on the bottom for changing diapers. A lot of the time I'll just pull them up rather than doing the over the head thing. It's not that bad, though. If you stretch the opening and put the baby's face through first, he won't be "stuck" inside the shirt. Good Luck.
Anabelle and Ryan 4-9-03

Rachels
07-17-2003, 03:02 PM
:) There's a quick learning curve on this one. In a week or two, you'll be a pro!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

heidi_timms
07-17-2003, 03:07 PM
DD was dressed in over-the-head t-shirts in the hospital and we used them right away and home too. It will be easy once you get the hang of it! Also, I used one-piece onsies and sleepers right away. The cord area wasn't as fragile as I thought it would be.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

nathansmom
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
I only used over the head bodysuits. The first couple of changes were awkward but it got easier the more times I did it.

Denyse
07-20-2003, 02:10 PM
In the beginning, your baby will spend most of his/her time in sleepers and most of them are button up. I wouldn't try to limit yourself to only button-up clothing, though. You'll get the hang of it quickly and it will make your life easier. :)

AngelaS
07-21-2003, 06:11 AM
I never worried about putting things over baby's head. Trying to keep a side snap tee shirt in place seemed harder than pulling a onesie over baby's head to me. :)

I also discovered, that in the event of a blowout, a onesie can be pulled DOWN to be removed, which keeps baby poop out of baby's hair. :D

I agree, it'll take VERY little time to learn to put things on over baby's head. They're built WAY more sturdy than they may first appear.