PDA

View Full Version : carters sleeping bag and lap pads

first_time mum
07-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi,

I bought a carters sleeping bag (the yellow duck one)..do you think this is useful? It seems like it is going to be really big for a newborn. When did you start using it? Also I live in southern CA.

Also, what did you use the lap pads for? I have 6 and am trying to figure out what I should be using it for? Do you think I can use it on top of the changing pad in lieu of the terry cover?

TIA.

-SP (EDD SEPT 28, 2003)

smkinc
07-23-2003, 01:32 PM
I loved the carters sleeping bags for DS. I started using them when he was ~12 lbs (6 weeks), and was really disappointed when he outgrew them. We had a nightly bath/massage routine that ended in him getting dressed and he hated getting dressed. With these bags, I just set him in, pulled his arms through and zip we were done! Much easier than the over the head gowns and snap up sleepers. We live in the PNW and it is cool here in the spring/early summer. I would not be using these now, since we don't have AC and it's been in the 80's, so I'm not sure they'll be as useful in So. Cal.

HTH

Mary (Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03)

trumansmom
07-23-2003, 02:06 PM
We never cared for the sleep sacks. Truman has always been a hot child, and he would get really, really sweaty in them.

As far as the lap pads go, we used them on top of the terry covers on the changing pad. And when we ran out of lap pads, we used cheap handtowels we bought in bulk at Sam's. Early poops can be huge, messy, and unpredictable, and this way I was only washing the pads or towels instead of the covers everyday. Also, we co-slept from early on, and the lap pads were great for night time leaks. We went through a lot of sheets at first, and the pads really helped cut down on laundry.

HTH -
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01