PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with Kohl's brands?

Fairle
07-24-2003, 04:24 AM
Hello,
I'm currently living in Europe and buying clothes online. Is anyone familiar with the quality of the brands carried at Kohl's; Baby Sonoma, Beluga, Just Born and Mufflings? Of the other brands I've ordered, I'm very happy with Land's End, I do not like the poor quality of Carter's clothing.

Clothes sold here are so expensive, I'm online constantly looking for sales!

Thanks in advance,
Fairle

AngelaS
07-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Sonoma's okay. Usually their jeans are heavyweight and the shirts hold up pretty well. I don't know about the others tho. :)

trumansmom
07-24-2003, 11:05 AM
We like Baby Sonoma as well. It's not the same quality as Land's End by any means, but it's okay for play clothes. We got some Beluga hand me downs that I've not been impressed with. Although we've not tried the Just Born line, I have seen them, and they are adorable! Very Zutano-ish, but lots cheaper. I would be interested in hearing how they wear.

HTH-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

***Edited to say - I think I may have confused the Just Born line with another brand. Oops!

August Mom
07-24-2003, 11:12 AM
Mufflings is a division of Little Me, if that helps. I had a Mufflings sleeper and liked it. If you don't like Carter's, however, I don't think you'll be happy with the other brands of clothing at Kohl's. IMO the other brands you mentioned are comparable quality-wise to Carter's.

amp
07-24-2003, 12:41 PM
I also think the Kohl's brands are comparable to Carters, which I love. I like the Baby Sonoma just fine, but it's a lot like Carters. I just have one sleeper in Just Born and he has outgrown it now, which is sad because it was so cute and very soft. I was happy with it.

HTH.

Melaniee
07-24-2003, 05:27 PM
I have Baby Sonoma shirts and like them a lot. They feel thick & soft.

josephsmom
07-24-2003, 06:15 PM
I haven't been very impressed with Kohl's brands. They have a line that's called First Impressions in newborn sizes, then Second Steps (I think) in infant/toddler sizes. Those are roughly comparable to Carter's. I have not been pleased with their other brands including Beluga, Baby Express (I think), and Boyz. Most of those clothes are not 100% cotton, and I have not found them to wash particularly well. My favorite clothes have been from Old Navy. They get softer with each wash, run large, don't shrink, and they're cheap (especially on sale). Try their website!

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

SeekerMage
07-25-2003, 12:28 AM
I really like the Just Born line. They wash up well, dont fade or shrink as far as I can tell. Im not sure about the other brands though. If you are looking for sales, try ebay! A lot of times you can find new clothing on there, if you dont want second hand!

LisaS
07-25-2003, 01:56 PM
There is so much great stuff in Europe! And a lot of it can be found on the cheap as well. I am in London and LOVE to do my shopping here or on trips to Italy and France.

Do you have Marks & Spencer -- best onesies EVER, anywhere in the world -- I've tried them all!
Zara does kids stuff in Europe (England and Spain at least)
Are you near H&M -- very trendy, cute stuff for cheap
Bon Bleu (French)
Iana (Italian)
Benneton kids clothing is VERY cheap here
Petit Bateau is MUCH cheaper here than in the US and the quality is EXCELLENT
I find the European brands to be much better quality for the most part.

The higher end European brands are also MUCH cheaper here than they are in the US

Online:
The Kids Window -- they ship within Europe
http://www.thekidswindow.com

alkagift
07-25-2003, 04:43 PM
I received a First Impressions set and it's ok, but faded pretty easily considering I do a gentle cycle on cold for the darks...

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

Andrea S
07-26-2003, 11:40 AM
We love the Marks and Spencer's onsies. I have family in England and when they come to visit I have them bring me some.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

cmyk
07-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Kohl's carries a line called SomeBunny, which I was happy with. Nice thick cotton, didn't shrink and the colors didn't fade.