PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Crib Sheet and Halo Fleece sacks Yes or No?

Grace_underfire
07-24-2003, 11:29 AM
I posted this under nursery too but did not know where it belonged so I am double posting here ;)

Are these good? Did you like yours? I am not sure if this items are worth the $ but I put one of each in my registry.
BTW I am in Texas and baby will be born around October 1st so I have no clue what to put the baby to sleep on at night. I don't want to use blankets after the swadling phase so I don't worry about accidents so I thought the Sack might be a good alternative for the winter but I am really not even sure.

Any opinions will be appreciated it!

August Mom
07-24-2003, 11:35 AM
We don't have the UCS, so I can't help you there. But, we love our fleece (and cotton) sleep sacks. We have two in DS's current size so that we can rotate when one is dirty. He sleeps in them every night. I think they are great. We live in Ohio, but in the winter, we used a fleece sleepsack over a cotton sleeper and were fine temperature-wise. We had a couple of heavier sleepers - fleece and velour - and I did find it too hot to use them and a sleep sack.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-24-2003, 11:55 AM
I say no on the Ultimate Crib Sheet. We bought one and have never used it. I spent time looking for soft crib sheets, why would I want to cover them up with something as scratchy as the UCS.

We also did not use sleep sacks. I prefer blanket sleepers with the feet.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

amp
07-24-2003, 12:39 PM
We do not use the UCS. I didn't want to cover up my cute sheets either. However, I have found that I generally do use some type of smaller size sheet saver across the bed where his head goes so that when he spits up, I don't have to change the sheet as often.

We also do not use sleep sacks. We use sleepers or gowns instead.

teddy
07-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Pass on the Ultimate Crib Sheet. I received 2 for my shower and although I do use them, they are a pain to get on/off. There are 8 tabs around the edge that snap around the crib slats. Sometimes they don't line up perfectly with the slat so the sheet does not lay flat. But since I don't have a mattress pad, I continue to use the sheets.

The Sleep Sacks are wonderful. Be sure to get at least 2 so you'll always have a clean one ready, just in case.

cinrein
07-24-2003, 08:54 PM
I use my UCS. DD is at a phase now where she sleeps with her legs up and when she poos it goes right up the back. Yes it takes time to unsnap it, but it takes even more time to take off the bumper and mattress to get the crib sheet out. I am VERY glad I have the UCS.

Now the sleep sacks I never cared for.

I'd keep 1 of each on your registry. BRU is good with returns, so if you find you don't need something you can always return it.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

ScrapNancy
07-25-2003, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Crib Sheet I can't comment on except to say that we use a regular crib sheet with a mattress pad under it and it works for us. It is not too difficult to change since we don't have a crib bumper pad.

The Halo Sleep Sacks we love. We had to buy one for our daughter when she was still in the swaddle phase since she was so active she'd kick right out of even a snug swaddle and then cry because she was cold from the a/c. (we live in FL) So we bought her a cotton Halo sack (target.com) and she can't kick it off. She is 11 weeks now and sleeps in a cotton onesie and the cotton sleep sack. It has washed well and often, since she spits up a lot!

Hope this helps,
ScrapNancy, SAHM to Bridget Rose born 5-9-03

peasprout
07-26-2003, 01:51 AM
I also love my ultimate crib sheet. It's so much harder for me to lift up the matress (and remove the bumpers when dd was younger) than it is to unsnap the sheet. I'm not into the matching sheet thing so it's not a big deal to me. And mine is really soft, not scratchy at all,..in fact, I think my regular crib sheets are rough in comparison! LOL! The halo sleep sack isn't worth it. You can try other cheaper sleep sacks first and see if you like them. The Halo ones are about 5 times more expensive!