PDA

View Full Version : Should a 5 month old wear shoes to a wedding?

KMommie
07-24-2003, 05:22 PM
We'll be attending my cousin's wedding in September and I was just thinking about it. I plan on putting DD in a pretty dress, but does she need shoes? If it's hot, do I still need to put tights on her? We'll both be in a few professional pictures, so I was thinking that to have her in bare feet might look bad. If you think she should have some shoes on, can you give me some suggestions. I haven't bought any shoes for her, and she rarely even wears socks. Oh, and she'll be starting day care :( part-time in September too, at a day care center. Should she wear shoes there, too?

TIA,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

stillplayswithbarbies
07-24-2003, 05:49 PM
I put shoes on mine for a wedding at 7 weeks. :) I had some fancy Shoo Shoos, but I ended up finding a cheap pair of satin shoes at WalMart that looked dressier. I think shoes make her look more dressed up.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kaitlinsmommy
07-24-2003, 10:18 PM
I like to put cute shoes on dd but it certainly isn't necessary at this age. She has cute Gymboree sandals this summer. I think it would be cute to get her shoes for the wedding but only if you want to. She definitely doesn't need shoes for daycare (until she's walking) but socks would probably be good there to protect from germs.

Have fun!

Marisa6826
07-24-2003, 10:32 PM
I think they're completely unnecessary. In my opinion, there's nothing cuter than a little pair of bare feet!

-m

parkersmama
07-24-2003, 10:42 PM
ITA! I never put shoes on my kids til they start walking. I just love those sweet, kissable, bare tootsies!

amp
07-25-2003, 02:20 PM
I can't answer about the wedding, but in regard to daycare, you have to see what their policy is. Most places require children to wear shoes once they are walking (in case of fire and having to evacuate), but before that, I don't believe it's required, nor do I think it's necessary. And I love those little bare feet, so don't plan to put shoes on Jake until it's necessary.

HTH.

ecarley
07-25-2003, 03:59 PM
For the wedding, a cute frilly pair of socks will do the trick. Skip the tights... talk about a pain for diaper changes!

And as far as daycare, I know in our state socks are required for all children, no matter how young. (Kinda silly of you ask me, but oh well.) So double check their policies, and buy a couple white 6-packs at Walmart or Target.

stella
07-25-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm with y'all!! I think that babies in bare feet are just precious so sweet and well, babyish - and later on, you'll look at those photos and say "look at those precious little feet!! Where did they go?"

Now for daycare, socks are a must!!

Just my opinion!

heytootsy
07-26-2003, 02:55 AM
I love the look of a litle barefoot baby. At that age, their toes are so fat! One thing to consider, if they are barefoot, everyone is going to want to touch them. So if you have a problem with a million people touching your babe's toes. I'd put shoes on.

egoldber
07-26-2003, 07:56 AM
I think it depends on the wedding and the weather. We took Sarah to my SIL's (DH's sister) wedding when she was 8 weeks old. There were a lot of outdoor photos, it was windy and I was glad I had tights and shoes on her. I got a pair of cheap, white Mary Janes at BRU on clearance and they were perfect.

Also, my MIL and SIL would have insisted on shoes for Sarah for the photos. I figure it wasn't my wedding and my MIL paid for the outfit, so whatever.

HTH,