PDA

View Full Version : Shoo Shoos vs. Robeez - Any preference?

peasprout
07-26-2003, 01:55 AM
I'm looking into shoes now that dd is getting mobile. Baby Shoos and Robeez seem very similar. Are there any differences other than designs? Does anyone have a preference of one over the other? Or any other shoe recommendations? Thanks!

MelissaTC
07-26-2003, 07:44 AM
Shoo Shoos are VEERY wide. DS wears a 4 1/2 W in Stride Rite but can't wear 6-12 month Shoo Shoos unless I put 2 feet in one shoe! Seriously!

trumansmom
07-26-2003, 10:21 PM
I agree. Truman did much better in Robeez. He only wore the Shoo Shoos once or twice since they wouldn't stay on. It's too bad, because they were so darn cute!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

ginamlee
07-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Does everyone else seem to have this problem with the shoes being too wide? I was all set to buy a bunch of these from the co-op but my kids never have wide feet.

smkinc
07-26-2003, 11:43 PM
My son doesn't have wide feet and no longer fits in the 0-6 Robeez. I have a pair of bobux 6-12 that are long, but they stay on (he looks like he has really big feet, though). The 6-12 Shoos I got are too wide. They don't stay on his feet yet. (Hopefully they will eventually).

Mary

Momof3Labs
07-28-2003, 08:51 AM
We have Robeez; haven't tried ShooShoos. But now that Colin is getting mobile, we rarely use shoes. He moves around so much better in bare feet. We do put on shoes if we go out AND I expect that he will want to be on the floor, but otherwise it is bare all the way!

I would suggest getting one pair to try, and if you like them and use them a lot, then buy more. But I found shoes more handy when Colin wasn't mobile (and needed to keep his feet warm).

mamahill
07-28-2003, 07:53 PM
I've tried both and I prefer Robeez. It seems to me the quality is a litte better, but maybe it's just me. DH even commented that the Robeez seemed better. As long as it's warm, I say go barefoot - it helps baby "feel" the ground.

I have bought several pairs of both Robeez/Shoos, and have liked them both - I just prefer Robeez. I say get one of each and see what works better for you. The Shoos ARE much wider (which for some, may be a good thing).

blnony
07-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Just to add something to the mix-
I prefer Bobux and Buskins to either Shoos or Robeez.
They just seem to be a little softer and have a better fit for Audrey. Robeez left red marks on her and Shoos were too wide and fell off. I love the Bobux, they just fit so much better.