PDA

View Full Version : Life After the Bundle Me?

Marisa6826
07-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Well, the sad time has come that I need to think about moving Sophie into her Roundabout.

I had a Bundle Me last winter and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

What do you do for a winter coat/snow suit for the next stage?

I don't want to necessarily make her into a small version of the Michelin Man, but want to keep her warm. I really liked the Polartec buntings at Lands End, but once she starts walking it will be impractical since it has feet.

What do you do about car seats? I know that they make a bigger version of the Bundle Me, but I need to get Sophie from our apartment TO the car, which is sometimes as far as two blocks away depending on my parking karma (or maybe it should be "carma" ;) .)

Thanks

-m

Momof3Labs
07-28-2003, 11:28 AM
Actually, the Lands End polartec snowsuit that we got for Colin has foldback hands and feet, so it is easily adaptable to a walking baby with boots or shoes on. We had something similar last winter (and loved it), and picked this up on clearance at the end of the winter for next year.

egoldber
07-28-2003, 12:33 PM
In your situation, I think one of the lighter fleece snowsuits (Lands End and LL Bean both make nice ones) is a good idea. I had one for Sarah last year and only used it a few times, mainly when we were outsaide playing. but our car is in the garage or driveway and we only have to walk 10 feet. :) Most of the time, I just used a fleece jacket.

HTH,

atlbaby
07-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Like Lori, I also used the LE Polartec Bunting last winter, with the fold back feet. Arielle was already walking when we needed it so I've never used the feet part of it. We had the 12-18 month size, and it had fold back feet, but I believe all the sizes do. I'm loved it so much I'm going to get one for the baby for this winter (the winter Arielle was born was so mild we never needed a snowsuit/bunting!).

I used the Bundle Me too, and it was amazing. A friend of the family gave us a toddler version that fit in the stroller (I expect it would fit in lots of types of strollers) and it was perfect. I'm not sure if you are carrying Sophie to the car or using a stroller, but if you're using the stroller this would work. But also, the LE bunting is so warm that if you are only going a few blocks she should be fine in that. I can't remember the name of the toddler stroller blanket (something Tots?) right now and it's in Arielle's room--she's napping--but if you like I can get it for you.

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

cinrein
07-28-2003, 03:48 PM
The Bundle Me Big is on sale at Babycenter --like $29, I think. I know it won't help for getting Sophie to the car, but it might be nice for the stroller!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

Marisa6826
07-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Sounds like the LE one is the way to go! I have a boot for the stroller, so that along with the snow suit should be good!

Now to pick a colour...

-m

ddmarsh
07-29-2003, 03:20 PM
I tired of the work of using a snowsuit and somewhere along the line moved to using the Lands End or LL Bean polartec hooded jackets. They make them in the longer style that covers the bottom and with a hat, mittens and pants on I find that just going in and out of places they are fine. I buy a less expensive snowsuit for the times we play out in the snow or are going to be outside for a bit longer.

Here is the Bean version I am speaking of:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=23755&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=4212&cat4=2087&shop_method=pp&feat=ln

I am looking forward to buying the pink this time :).

Debbie