PDA

View Full Version : durable, long-sleeved onesies?

LucyG
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
What are some good places to look for these? DD has a lot of overalls for this fall and winter, and she'll need something to wear under them. I prefer onesies to shirts because of the "gap-o-sis" issue. Thanks!

kaitlinsmommy
07-30-2003, 01:43 PM
DD has long sleeved onesies from Carter's (BRU) and the Gap. They are both very good quality, although I like Carter's a little better.

nitaghei
07-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Gap. Old Navy. Gymboree. Lands End.

We got some great long sleeved onesies as gifts from the Gap and Old Navy. And I bought some from the other places. Of course, I was looking for boy stuff!! :) But the quality was excellent. IMO, Lands End is wonderful, followed by the Gap, and then Old Navy and Gymboree. The ones from Gymboree weren't worth full price, but I got them on a substantial sale. (But the girl stuff at Gymboree is much cuter than the boy stuff).

Nita

houseof3boys
07-30-2003, 03:59 PM
Lands End quality is excellent. I bought some long sleeved onesies for the winter but havent' used them yet but the short sleeved that I have from them have been great! I like the Gap quality as well.

mam615
07-30-2003, 09:44 PM
A few weeks ago I bought a bunch at the Hannah Anderson website sale. Not sure if the sale is still going on, but maybe worth a look. They are really soft and great quality. I also have some turtlneck onesies from the Gap from last year -- I really like those for the colder weather.

LucyG
07-31-2003, 08:12 AM
I love turtlenecks! My DD doesn't have much of a neck yet, but they might still work for her! Do you get them at the regular Baby Gap, or can you find them at Gap outlets?

mam615
07-31-2003, 10:02 PM
I got mine at the regular Baby Gap, but I'm sure the Outlet would have them too from time to time. They are really great -- I love turtlenecks too!

caroliner
08-01-2003, 11:38 AM
My favorites from last winter were Baby Gap and the ones from babystyle, their own brand.

Denyse
08-02-2003, 08:59 PM
I loved the Gap long sleeved onesies. Definitely my favorites.

Other ones that were great were Old Navy and Tommy Hilfiger. The Tommy ones are pretty darned expensive but they held up very well and we were able to find some that had minimal logos (as opposed to having TH logos splattered all over them)

mamagoosie
08-07-2003, 07:51 AM
If you feel like splurging, pick up some onesies from Janie and Jack. They are so soft, have a nice picot trim and look "finished." I like them for under overalls because it makes it look like more of an outfit. They also don't have the lap shoulders - which I also like for under overalls.

Note - they run a tad small compared to Gap. My dd is 8 months, 17 lbs. She's squarely in Gap 3-6, but wears 6-12 in J&J. Besides that, I like the Gap onesies - they are nice and thick.

petersmom
08-07-2003, 06:19 PM
There is a company called bon bebe that is carried by Marshalls,
TJ maxx and Syms, that is fantastic. I receieved them for DS baptism and have since then replaced most of his onesies with these. They wash really well and are nice and durable

LucyG
08-07-2003, 06:56 PM
I found a couple at Old Navy this weekend that were really cute. So, I got those, and two white ones at an Osh Kosh outlet. I don't know much about Osh Kosh clothes and their quality (other than overalls), but these had sweet little rounded, girly collars, and felt very think and sturdy. I'll hit a consignment sale at a local church next week to round out my supply! Thanks for all of your suggestions!