PDA

View Full Version : Calling Washington DC mamas

nitaghei
08-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Looks like a Janie & Jack store just opened in Tyson's Corner!! I have to get there, soon. Of course, J&J overalls are the ones that fit DS best!! Naturally, he won't go for anything less $$$$! :)

Nita

egoldber
08-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Whoo-hoo!!! Where is it in the mall? I'm at Tysons every other day (unfortunately!!!)...

cinrein
08-04-2003, 10:25 PM
HOORAY!!!

Shhhhhh, don't tell dh!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

nitaghei
08-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Beth,
I don't know where - I just saw a little story in the Washington Post in the Sunday Source section. I only get to Tyson's maybe once a year - but I have to up that now!! :)

Though it's sort of hard - I live in College Park and work in Annapolis - Tyson's isn't exactly on my way anywhere!

Nita

MartiesMom2B
08-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Beth:

My biggest complaint of moving to NC is the loss of my dear Tysons Corner Center. Waaahhh. Mike is happy though. When I was working there, I'd always come home with some sort of bag or another.

Anyway Janie and Jack is located in the upper level by Aviary Court, which is upstairs from where the food court area is. Now when I went there and saw my old-coworkers I believe they told me that they are putting in a food court and some other great things are coming to Tysons.

If you ever want more info. about things to come go check out their website at www.shoptysons.com.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

egoldber
08-06-2003, 04:22 PM
My girlfriend and I were there today for our "Tyson's mommy day"! Lunch at Nordstrom's Cafe, followed by shopping at Nordstrom kid section, Gymboree, Lord&Taylor, GapKids, Janie&Jack, and Talbot Kids.

The things at J&J were beautiful, but VERY pricey! And LINEN pants for babies and toddlers???? Please! I was also disappointed that their sizes stopped at 3T.

MartiesMom2B
08-07-2003, 06:36 AM
Sounds like a great day. Love Norstrom's cafe.

Well it doesn't suprise me that they have pricey merchandise there. That sounds like a Tysons store to the T. We used to joke around in the leasing department that we couldn't afford to shop at the stores that were brought in!

I'm laughing again b/c Martie actually has a linen outfit but it's mostly cotton that my mom bought for her. I guarantee that it came off the rack at Marshall's or someother discount store. LOL!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mamagoosie
08-07-2003, 07:45 AM
It's about time! Think of all the money I'll save on shipping! (yeah right).

nitaghei
08-07-2003, 08:26 AM
I hear you about the clothes being pricey!! I got some stuff there at a huge sale - including the outfit DS wore for his baptism. But after lots of experimenting, I've come to the conclusion that those are the clothes that fit DS the best - but I'm still holding out for sales. There is NO way I could afford full price.

Nita