PDA

View Full Version : newborn winter stuff

rrvetstein
08-06-2003, 10:27 AM
We're having our first baby, a boy, in late October. We live in Boston so we can expect a cold, wintery winter. What are your suggestions for infant cold-weather clothing? Bunting? Fleece? Jackets? Mittens? Car seat issues? LLBean? Lands End? Gap?
Thanks!
Rich & Robyn
:)

C99
08-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Although some people say that it can cause compression issues, I really liked the Bundle Me. You can use it in both the stroller and the carseat (and, in a pinch) to carry around the baby. We had one for Nate (who was born in January in Chicago) and he was as snug as a bug in a rug. When we transported him in the Baby Bjorn, my husband or I just zipped him up into our jackets and we stuck a hat and mittens on him.

Momof3Labs
08-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Lands End has an infant car seat cover on their overstock page right now - that may work for you, but it will only keep baby warm in the car seat (though it is also easy to remove without taking baby out of the seat, like when you go in the grocery store. We used a fleece bunting (one with legs, not the sack-type). If you go this route, I highly recommend foldover hands and feet so you don't have to worry about cold hands or feet.

We also had a fleece hooded jacket from Old Navy (Lands End carries these too - there are some on the overstock page, too) that was great for the not-so-cold days.

Stay away from anything thick or puffy because that causes the car seat harness to not fit properly, and may cause additional injuries in an accident.

Whatever you choose, make sure that it is easily washable! Colin liked to spit up when he was in his car seat.