PDA

View Full Version : Formula stains

luvmypeanut
08-07-2003, 06:56 PM
How do I get out those yellow formula stains? I've tried pretreating with Spray and Wash but that only works about half the time. A lot of dd's clothes are white in the neck area and have that tell-tale yellow stain right under the chin. Help!

millerpjm
08-08-2003, 06:57 AM
I have been spraying DS's clothes with Shout from the beginning.... and do not have any formula stains. Then we do a presoak in the washing machine and an extra rinse, because I use a lot. I really hose them... I think I go through a bottle of Shout every 3 washings. Zout is also supposed to be reallly good for stains. It's extra work, but worth it if I can save all his clothes... he's my first and I want to make sure his clothes stay nice for either the next baby or so I can mark the prices kind of high when I finally rummage sale all my baby stuff!!!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

Marisa6826
08-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Yup. Shout completely works. We use the gel one. It stays in place better. You have to be religous about using it. Some stuff like light coloured onesies and burp rags have kind of been a lost cause though. *sigh* One more reason to go shopping! :)

-m

stillplayswithbarbies
08-08-2003, 08:44 AM
I have found that Shout works best for non-organic stains (food) and Zout works best for organic stains (poop, breastmilk), so I would think that Shout would work for formula.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

luvmypeanut
08-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks! Now I'll have to see if I can find a some here in Tokyo!

Marisa6826
08-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Tuyet-

I'm happy to mail it if you can't find it. PM me!

-m

AngelaS
08-09-2003, 06:29 AM
With light colored garments, soak them in this:

1/4 C. Cascade (dishwasher detergent)
1/4 C. Biz or Clorox 2 (color safe bleach)
1 Gallon HOT tap water

Dissolve the soaps in the tap water and then soak the clothes in it for at least 24 hours, up to 48 hours and then wash as usual. Be careful if you soak brights tho, the colors can run. :)

This works AWESOME!