PDA

View Full Version : I need some wedding ideas...

Melanie
08-09-2003, 01:01 AM
for Ds. It's an evening outdoor wedding in Early September. What should he wear & wear can I look for a reasonable price? It will probably be mild to warm.

Thanks!!

Momof3Labs
08-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Is he in the wedding, or just a guest? Here's one of my favorite sites; the outfits are dressy but not expensive at all:

www.houseofhattenoutlet.com

brubeck
08-09-2003, 09:38 AM
If you have a Carter's outlet near you they always have a rack full of dressy clothes for boys and girls at 70% off. I've gotten some great stuff that way!

stillplayswithbarbies
08-09-2003, 10:30 AM
check TJ Maxx and Marshalls for designer dressy clothes at reasonable prices. Also look at www.kidsurplus.com for some dressy things, cheap.

I would go with a dressy romper or pants and a shirt with a vest. I like to dress babies like little adults for things like this. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Melanie
08-09-2003, 11:51 AM
He's a guest...thanks...I did check House of Hatten, but they all looked either winter or spring/summer. I have his Easter outfit as a fall back, but it's light blue and I was thinking that since this was the cusp of fall, that might not be appropriate (ha! like I've even THOUGHT about what I'm going to wear, but I want to make sure Ds is "appropriate.")

=)

ddmarsh
08-09-2003, 12:07 PM
I usually dress my boys in Gap khaki pants and either a button down shirt (short of long sleeves as seasonally appropriate) or a golf shirt/button down with an argyle-type sweater vest over it. I'm not sure how old your DS is but Gap always has them in sizes from babies on up.

HTH -

trumansmom
08-09-2003, 04:48 PM
Gymboree has similar outfits as well. That's how I dress Truman for nicer occasions, too.

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

Kimberly H
08-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Here's another site that might work: http://www.strasburgchildren.com/

They have outlet versions in the Tanger Outlet Malls such as Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, VA and in Myrtle Beach, SC.

We were at the Myrtle Beach store last night and their fall stuff is so cute!

Melanie
08-11-2003, 02:02 AM
So is the Wooden Soldier STILL website-less? UGH...I don't have time to wait for a catalog (short notice wedding), but I love their stuff!

I'm thinking I am just going to have to hit the mall...

hellokitty1
08-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Try Talbots Kids

Melanie
08-11-2003, 01:48 PM
To answer my own question, I called and they do not have a website, but their catalog is on google:

http://catalogs.google.com/catalogs?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&category=Apparel+%26+Accessories&issue=18874&catpage=cover

This is their spring, the fall will be up in a couple of weeks.