PDA

View Full Version : dressy (girl) clothes for crawler - online sites?

peterkin
08-12-2003, 03:50 PM
I've been looking for a dressy outfit for a special event for my 11-mo-old daughter who is still crawling. I tried some dresses (even short ones) but she kept getting tangled up (crawling) and would cry -- so at the moment I have found a semi-cute pantsuit. It's a 3-hr reception so she'll need to be able to crawl and play (in other words, it's not a "sitting still" event). I've checked all the local department stores and some specialty infant wear stores. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for good online stores with cute, dressy pantsuits, rompers, two-piece shorts outfits, or really short dresses that would work for a crawler! Nothing too expensive, as she will outgrow the outfit in a few months.

Thanks! RKS

kaitlinsmommy
08-13-2003, 12:03 AM
I don't have much but the Gap has some cute pleated skorts right now that look like skirts. Maybe it could work if you paired it with a dressier top. I understand what you're going through. I wish I would have thought of the crawling thing before I bought so many cute, expensive Gymboree dresses in 12 month size.

malisa
08-13-2003, 07:41 PM
I just bought my dd an outfit at the Talbot's outlet that is an adorable dressy romper. It is silk from waist dowm and a thin sweater material on top. Pink. VERY cute on a crawling baby. It was $17 dowm from $68. I'm not sure if they have them on line, I didn't have time to check. They also had long sleeved sweater cardigans to go with it. The outfit is short sleeved and above the knee. Good luck.

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02