PDA

View Full Version : Winter Footwear for Babies Who Aren't Yet Walking...

etwahl
08-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Actually I have two questions:

1. In the winter, what do you put on the baby's feet when you have pajamas that have no feet in them?

2. What do you put on the baby's feet in the winter when you're out and about and just around the house? More than socks? Some have said babies don't need to wear shoes until they're walking, but is that different for the winter? And if so, what kind of shoes? Are they solely to keep the feet warm (and I guess stylish) at this point?

I should mention DD goes barefeet all the time. But it is hot as heck here. When it was chillier in California, I just had socks on her feet.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

KathyO
08-19-2003, 08:31 PM
In winter, when using pyjamas with no feet, I'd put on a pair of those soft fabric booties - usually made with corduroy and a flannel lining, and a bit of elastic around the ankle? For some reason I ended up with a hundred or so of them when DD was born.

For daytime, socks and Robeez. I'm guessing that Lauren will be crawling, or close to it, before the winter's over, and plain socks get dragged off too easily, I found.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

KathyO

Rachels
08-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Socks and Robeez here, too!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
08-19-2003, 08:41 PM
We are barefoot and fancy free in this house year round! LOL! Sarah's like her mommy, and hates socks and shoes, preferring to be barefoot.

For going "out" in winter, we just used Robeez with socks. When they aren't walking, they're not outside that long and its not like we live in the Yukon.

HTH,

hwin708
08-20-2003, 02:37 AM
For outside, I'm a big fan of Bbay Ugg boots. They come in cute infant colors now, as well as the neutral tan, and they just look adorable. They are also very warm, which means no socks! For some reason, I just hate doing laundry with those tiny little socks. I can barely keep mine in pairs, nevertheless those miniscule things!