PDA

View Full Version : Bibs - for how long?

mattiew
08-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Dumb first time Mom question....at what age do kids stop wearing bibs? Trying to decide if I want to buy more.

Thanks!
Carrie

Marisa6826
08-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Depends on how many times you want to change your kid's clothes and how often you want to do laundry! :)

Seriously, Sophie's just about nine months and wears one from when she gets up till I put her down for the night. She has reflux and has always had "spitting up" issues.

I got sick of changing her outfits several times a day. I finally got really good, THICK bibs and LOTS of them - I think I have about 15 of them because they're very hard to find.

I think you should plan on having your little one wear bibs till they're at least eating solids regularly.

Good luck

-m

brubeck
08-29-2003, 05:22 PM
It also depends what kind of bibs you are talking about. Neither of my kids wear bibs normally, but when they are eating at the table/in the high chair they wear Baby Bjorn Bibs. Even Amy who is closing in on age 3! She is only now starting not to need the bib. I am thinking that in the couple of months before her third birthday I may phase it out, except for truly messy stuff. Of course she has also recently taken an interest in napkins and wiping up after herself so that might be linked to it.

egoldber
08-29-2003, 06:46 PM
If you mean the cloth bibs for drool and spit up, by about 6-8 months.

If you mean mealtime bibs, my 2 year old still wears a bib at most meal time and will for some time.

HTH,

C99
08-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Nate stopped wearing bibs for drool/spit-up at about 5 months. He still wears a bib during mealtimes.

Momof3Labs
08-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Colin is a mongo drooler, and just stopped wearing bibs for drool about a month ago. He really still needs them, but we were getting sick of them, so we just change his outfit once a day instead. If it were winter time, we would use the bibs more because they are easier to change quickly (and a cold chin is a bigger deal when it is cold outside).

peanut4us
08-29-2003, 09:38 PM
where did you get them? As far as I can see no one makes any decent bibs these days.