PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree collection : folk song...

etwahl
08-31-2003, 07:59 PM
I love this new collection - especially the burgundy velour pants and jacket. so cute. anyone know how long a collection might take to go on sale?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

egoldber
08-31-2003, 08:17 PM
It is about 6 or 8 weeks after the collection is introduced that it goes to first markdown (25%). It is then another 6/8 weeks to the next markdown (40%). Then 6/8 weeks again to 60% off. BUT if you really love a piece you should get it at 40% off, otherwise they may not have what you want in her size. You can also try eBay, but you may not get a terrific deal there either.

Sometimes Gymboree has an additional 20% off sale items (I think there is a promotion like that going on now) in which case that is a good time to buy something you really want that is only 25% or 40% off.

HTH,

sbaker
08-31-2003, 08:36 PM
I was at Gymboree two days ago and everything they had on sale was an additional 20%. It seemed like it was almost the whole store. They were giving out $25 in GymBucks, too, for every $50 you spent.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

emmiem
09-01-2003, 12:44 AM
Lately, the markdowns have been quicker than 6-8 weeks. They seem to have no more than two regular price lines in the store. The new line which is a leopard print line will be in near the end of September so the Puppy Love line should go on sale. BTW, halloween costumes will be put out September 1!

AngelaS
09-01-2003, 05:57 AM
It seems to me that the new collections go on sale sooner than they used to. Also, they're running 'additional 20% off sale items" promos more often.

Their markdowns have changed too. It used to be that if a line went on sale, the WHOLE line went on sale. Now it's 'select' items that get marked down. How annoying is that? Basically the really hot items don't go on sale as quickly....