PDA

View Full Version : Socks - need help finding ones that fit

kohlbacher
09-02-2003, 01:38 PM
I gave up on socks for the summer, but I will need some for the winter. Here's the dilemna, I have a 3.5 month old baby who is very tall, but who has even bigger feet. I downloaded some feet sizing tools and found out his foot is a size 5 - no clue what age that is supposed to be. So, when I found socks to fit his long feet, they were way too tight around the ankle/calf. My guess is that older babies/ toddlers wear this size and they're not so pudgy - and they're a bit taller.
Any good brands out there with wide ankles, but long skinny feet?

bluej
09-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Have you tried the socks at Baby Gap or Old Navy? I like their socks best for my babies.

lukkykatt
09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
LOL! My 14 month old has size 5.5 feet. Looks like you are going to have a tall one! I second the Gap or Old Navy for socks.

kohlbacher
09-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Thanks - I'll try out Gap. I'm not an old navy fan - I find thier stuff shrinks too much.
*DH is 6'5" and Ethan was born at 23inches. His feet had to be angled to fit on the certificate when he was born.

MLF
09-03-2003, 02:49 PM
I like Gap socks too especially because they imprint the size on the soles. This makes life easy for storing and finding later on.