PDA

View Full Version : Cold toddler toes!

Rachels
09-03-2003, 07:02 AM
Hmm. It's getting chilly here, especially in the mornings and evenings, and we're in a quandary. My little barefoot baby has really cold toes. Last year, I could just stick some socks on her, but now she's walking and I'm afraid of so much slipperiness. I don't want to have to keep shoes on her, though. What are our options? I was wondering about the Hanna slipper socks. How many would I need? What else is there?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

momathome
09-03-2003, 08:34 AM
I loved Little Padders slippers when my girls were small. They are soft, cozy cotton or corduroy slippers with sueded bottoms that stay on their feet well and come in cute prints. My local Stride Rite Store has them. Good luck!
-Lauren

egoldber
09-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Before you investigate, see if she will even wear socks around the house. If Sarah isn't wearing shoes, she wants nothing on her feet. Sometimes her feet feel like ice to me, but even in the dead of winter, she prefers barefeet inside to anything!

nofeea
09-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Have you tried gripper socks? I've been looking for these also (you know, the socks with the rubber designs or labels on the bottom) but I'm having trouble finding any that will stay on. DD tends to either step on one foot with the other or yank on them with her mouth... She's only 9 1/2 mos. old so she isn't walking but she still needs traction to cruise... I've heard that Old Navy has good gripper socks but I haven't tried them yet. Good Luck!

Melanie
09-03-2003, 07:06 PM
We used the gripper socks from Old Navy, a lot last year. I also have 2 pairs of Hanna Moccasin/socks. They run big, though, that's why I ended up with 2 pairs. If your child is wearing a size 4 1/2 or even a 5, the 5-7 will be too big for a walker!

starrynight
09-04-2003, 09:30 AM
My daughter hates anything on her feet even if the feel like ice! I have tried paddlers and regular slippers but forget it! If Abigail will keep them on paddlers are great though.

atlbaby
09-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Last winter I just kept socks on Arielle and had no problem with slipperiness. I use The Children's Place, Old Navy, or sometimes Gap socks that all have grippers on the bottom. Of course the past few days I've had socks on her again (stupid cold rainy days) after months of sandals and she insists on having her socks off when her shoes come off. So we'll see if she'll keep them on this winter. I would definitely check if Abigail will wear socks without shoes before investing in anything.

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2 EDD 10/24/03:)