PDA

View Full Version : Baby changes sizes in the middle of one season

littleme2
09-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi, I have a 4 week old baby and I wanted to buy her a snowsuit but I have no idea what size to buy. It gets really cold here in Michigan.

The coat that I think I need is 0-6 month size but she'll be 6 months in Jan. and will still need a coat. Should I just buy the bigger 6-9 month size even though she'll be only 3 months old when she first starts using it?

Sorry about the silly question - I feel so dumb asking this.

TIA

Momof3Labs
09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
I would buy a 9 month size. Colin was born at the end of September, and his fleece bunting was a 6-12 month size. It was big at the beginning of the winter, and getting small by the end! Babies outgrow clothes much faster than the sizes would lead you to believe (usually).

Also, don't buy a fluffy snowsuit because you can't use that in the car seat (it isn't safe). Go with a fleece bunting from Lands End or someplace like that - foldover hands and feet are key!

petersmom
09-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Have you considered buying a bundle me fleece cover for your carrier or the larger version for the convertable car seat. DS was born last summer and I was able to use the bundle me all winter with no snow suit here in michigan as well!!http://www.dreamtimebaby.com/bunmebunbagb.html
BRU is now carring them or can be found on the internet. I keep buying them for my new mom friends.
Best of luck!
Petersmom

August Mom
09-08-2003, 09:57 PM
If you can afford it, I would buy both sizes now and then assess your options when it's time to wear one (and then return the unused one). DS was born in August and we ended up using the 0-3 month fleece snowsuit. We thought for sure we would need a bigger size, but when we put it on in November, the 0-3 was plenty big. It also really depends on how your baby is sized and proportioned. I also second the recommendation for some sort of carrier cover. We just had the NOJO one from BRU, but I loved it. I really got by with DS just wearing a hat and no coat/snowsuit on many occasions because of the carrier cover.

Rachels
09-09-2003, 07:25 AM
If I had bought a nine-month size for my three-month-old, she would have disappeared! I loved the Land's End fleece bunting, and they run large. The 3-6 month size worked for us all fall and winter and eearly spring.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

stillplayswithbarbies
09-09-2003, 10:43 AM
I would buy the smaller one. If she does outgrow it, you can always get another one a little big and it would fit her next year too.

We had a bunting marked 0-9 months, and it was too large to use. Her arms and legs kept getting tangled up in it and it was so loose it couldn't have been warm.

Definitely get a bunting, not a coat. A coat will ride up when you hold her and her tummy will get cold. Babies need their legs covered as well, they can't regulate temperature as well as we can.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03