PDA

View Full Version : Not used to "cold" weather! Need winter clothing advice! Please and thanks!

todzwife
09-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Dh and I have been in LA for the last 2 years, the small town in AZ that we are from does get cold weather (with snow and everything)but I have NO idea what to get for this little one for winter here. After talking to the locals, I have determined that it gets extremely cold and windy December-February. They don't get much snow, but the wind can make the temp drop into the negatives! (Heaven help me!)I don't plan on taking Dallin out in the freezing weather for walks and stuff, but he probably needs a warm hat for running to the car and back to the house. Does he need mittens too or will a blanket be sufficient? He will only be a couple months old so he won't be playing outside. Any suggestions from those of you who deal with cold weather are much appreciated!! Thanks BUNCHES!
Edited to Add:
D'oh! I meant to say that we just moved from Los Angeles to Eastern New mexico where the temp gets chilly because there's nothing here to stop the wind. Sorry for the confusion!

stella
09-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Louisiana? It won't get that cold. I am from North Mississippi - more North than any point in Louisiana and it will get cold, but your typical winter days are in the 40's and 50's. It may get to freezing at night occasionally, but anyone who told you that the wind chill gets below zero is probably pulling your leg.

We now live in Texas and my dh loves to talk about a time he remebers having to break ice in the water troughs so the cows could drink during a cold spell, but if you really press him, he will admit that it only happened once. And in most southerly places, it may get cold in snaps, but in general, the weather is fairly mild.

If by LA you mean Los Angeles, I am of no help, except that I thought temps there were pretty moderate most of the time.

In cold weather, if you're not out for an extended period, a blanket and jacket should be fine - cover his little ears and head if you're out much, but mittens I would save for when they are outside PLAYING - not just going to and from the car.

Good Luck!

Can you be a little more specific?