PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Gripe

betsyjaffe
09-11-2003, 08:14 PM
I am seeing red now over my latest order with Gymboree. I am a very loyal customer of theirs and have purchased almost all of my daughter's clothes there.

Last year, Maya had a winter coat that was actually a reversable coat on the inside and a warmer coat with a hood on the outside. It worked so well that I decided to order a new one for this year.

Twelve hours after I ordered the coat I get a 30% off coupon for use starting tomorrow. I called Gymboree to see if I get that money back and they said no. I am just really annoyed because I have spent a lot of money with them over the past year and a half and last time I ordered something on line from them they completely messed up the order and I had to go the store to trade to the correct sizes, etc. I just feel like my time and business mean absolutely nothing to them. Since I lost my job a few months ago, this jacket was a bit of a stretch for me -- but now it is going back.

Grrrrr.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Return it and then buy it again. If you take the receipt into a store, they may adjust it for you.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kransden
09-13-2003, 06:06 AM
That is awful. I would do two things. Call again, see what they say, then ask to speak with a supervisor. See if you can get results that way. Honestly the call center people could care less if you buy more stuff from them, but costumer service people (supervisor) might be more helpful.

If that is unsuccessful, call the local store first thing in the morning, when they are least likely to be busy. Talk to a manger if there is one available. If you are nice, she might be willing to help you out.

Never take no for an answer, work the chain of command. It is not like you are asking to return a piece of the Hula line and get the discount, the order was 12 hours old! It will cost the company more money than if they would just do the right thing!

Karin and Katie 10/24/02