PDA

View Full Version : So big, so soon...

Mom2Miri
09-25-2003, 06:40 PM
I went shopping today and nearly everything that caught my eye was in the layette sections...which I found out Mirielle's outgrown already. :( So soon. My mindset at 7 months is still "baby" and the 12-18m size things all said "toddler" to me. They were cute and lively but just not as sweet and delicate anymore. Anyone else feel that way?

Helen
Mom to Mirielle 2/25/03

C99
09-25-2003, 07:34 PM
I feel similarly. I'm bummed because I realized that Nate will be out of the really soft cottons of the Gap layette stuff soon and the fabric choices in the next sizes up aren't as soft or cuddly.

ncmommy
09-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Yep...I'm with ya on that one. DS is almost 7 months and I'm finding myself buying him 18 month sizes for the winter. EVery shopping trip I manage to end up in the back of the store gazing at all that adorable newborn stuff - especially the halloween buntings!! Ugh!!!

slknight
09-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Ugh is right! Alex is only 5 months, and I am buying 18 month stuff already (he's really big). It just doesn't seem to have that cute "baby" look.

Susan and Alex (04.18.03)

Jenmv
09-25-2003, 10:12 PM
I feel the same way with my 8 month old. I think it makes me sad knowing that she will never wear the soft cuddly layette stuff again and that stage just seemed to go by so quickly. Funny thing is that I didn't feel that sentimental about the layette stuff until now that she has outgrown it.

amp
09-26-2003, 08:10 AM
I know...I keep lamenting to DH that Jake is only 4 mths old (tomorrow) and yet he's wearing 6-9 mth and 9-12mth clothes. Manufacturers assume that at almost a year, your child is not a baby anymore and you wouldn't want babyish clothes...except my baby IS still a baby! :-(