PDA

View Full Version : socks that stay on and good cold weather footwear?

cindyl
09-30-2003, 01:30 PM
hi -

i'm looking for socks for my 9 month old, who has started to pull up and is about to start an active career of cruising, so i need no-skid bottoms. the babygap socks i have are falling apart and fall off of her. i really like the hanna andersson socks, but the colors are, well, a bit bold for my daughter's wardrobe (she has a lot of pastels). plus they're expensive! any advice?

plus, i'm looking for something for her feet when she goes outside in the stroller or the car. are robeez type shoes the best for the cold weather, or should we go with booties with suede bottoms. where can we find such booties?

your advice is appreciated!!

cindy, mom to chloe (1/03)

Rachels
09-30-2003, 01:39 PM
I like the tri-fold socks from Old Navy and Gymboree, and the Gap tri-folds (which are WAY better than their regular socks). Robeez seem to be the answer for absolutely keeping socks on, though. Last winter, we got by just fine on Robeez even in the cold, but my daughter wasn't walking outside. You may find that you need some harder-soled shoes once your little one is really toddling. Before that, though, Robeez or Bobux or Daisy-Roots should hold you well.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
09-30-2003, 02:08 PM
I like the Gymboree socks with the grippers on the bottom. They only fold down once as opposed to the ones from the Gap & Old Navy which fold down twice. I just think the trifold socks are a little too bulky around the ankle. Just my weird viewpoint! :-)