PDA

View Full Version : compare soft shoes

friedmana1
10-03-2003, 09:51 AM
I apologize if this a repeat, but I tried searching the archives and got nothing! Can anyone help me with a comparison between Robeez, bobux, daisy roots, shoo shoos, platypaws, etc? I know that they all have different sizing (based on their web sites), and my DD's foot is just a little over 4 inches now. It seems like bobux's small (3-9) months would fit her the best. But what about quality, etc? And where can you get them the cheapest? TIA!
Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

michlee
10-04-2003, 07:52 PM
I've had both Robeez and Bobux. They are constructed very similarly but I like Robeez a little better because:

1) Better quality control. For instance, Robeez replaced my son's shoes because they got a hole in the sole after just 2 months of use. Robeez said the shoes must have had a defective bottom to get a hole so soon.

2) You can wash them in the washing machine. Bobux strongly recommends hand-washing.

3) You can wear them outside (although with a younger child this probably doesn't matter). Bobux recommends indoor wear only.

Still, the advantages are so slight, I'd go with the brand you think will fit better. As far as where to get them the cheapest, I haven't come across any major deals. I bought both directly from the manufacturers (www.robeez.com and www.bobux.com). The Robeez were $22 plus $5 for shipping. The Bobux were $25 (or something like that) plus $1.50 for shipping.

-Michelle

Rachels
10-05-2003, 08:52 AM
It's mainly a matter of taste. We've used Robeez, Bobux, Daisy Roots, Buskins (sandals), and Babyshoos. The first four worked great for us and have held up perfectly well. I never had any problems (and I did machine wash the Bobux). Babyshoos run a good bit wider, and they weren't a good fit for my baby. I found that Daisy Roots and Bobux are a bit easier on her ankles than Robeez, which sometimes have the elastic against her skin once they're on. Mostly, though, I choose brands depending on size. They all run a little differently in the smaller sizes. Bobux, Buskins, and Daisy Roots all have sizes in between the newborn Robeez and the 6-12 size Robeez, so she wore those for many months until the next size Robeez fit.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

friedmana1
10-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Thanks so much you guys!! I am in the midst of buying Leah some shoes - just bought a pair of new Bobux off ebay, and some shoo shoos, because those seem like the best for her tiny feet! I really appreciate all the help. BTW, have any of you heard of a UK brand of shoes called Starchild? Any thoughts?

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02