PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go get baby pajamas?

Shikimama
10-05-2003, 11:14 AM
I went to Target to get my 15 mo DD her PJs. They have Tykes (by Carter's) but I have a bad experience with those; they are nice and smooth but shrunk badly and so she couldn't wear them more than a couple of times (Tykes sheet got shrunk too) so I'm avoiding that brand. I saw some other choices there but I'm not for those with characters on.

Poly blends of Carter's may be warm but my dd has very sensitive skin and they seem to irritate her skin. I also look in BUR but it was same here.

I want ones with 100% cotton, warm in winter. Separates rather than those with booties. Not too expensive so I can buy more than a couple... Where should I go to find them? Department stores? What brand is your pick?

TIA
Shikimama

Marisa6826
10-05-2003, 04:52 PM
I've gotten almost all of Sophie's jammies from either Gap or Gap outlet.

We have some others by a brand called Baby Tales from Buy Buy Baby, which is a really nice thick cotton.

Another great brand to keep an eye out for is Kushies.

Lands End also has nice ones. Just check out their overstock page...

Good luck and happy shopping!

-m

Momof3Labs
10-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Not sure where you live, but I haven't found cotton PJs that are warm enough for a Chicago winter. I love the ones from the Gap and Gymboree, but they are more of a fall or spring weight. For winter PJs, we go with fleece, which is polyester.

egoldber
10-05-2003, 06:52 PM
My favs are from Hanna Andersson. They have nice thick 100% cotton PJs. I usually only buy ones that are on sale, as I'm not terrible picky about the color of PJs. I happily put blue PJs on my little girl and think nothing of it.

I also second the recommendation for the BabyTales brand from BuyBuyBaby. I have also seen that brand at Baby Depot. They don't go larger than 24 months size though. :(

Nordstrom has a brand called NKids and they have nice, reasonably priced cotton PJs for about $14.

I also like Costco for two piece PJs.

For baby sizes, check out BRU/TRU. Their store brand cotton PJs are pretty nice.

HTH,

bnme
10-06-2003, 07:28 AM
I think Baby Gap has the best seperates, but only for small sizes. The ones thatoften have the tebby bear pattern, but they have others. They are often on sales. I also like Childrens Place sweat pants paired with a long sleeved tee for a warmer option.

AdoptChina
10-06-2003, 01:12 PM
My daughter wore the baby gap ones under her carter's fleece jammies....that way her skin was only touching cotton but she was warm. She also wears the Tykes and the Target brand, but I buy at least a size bigger since they shrink

Shikimama
10-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Wow, everyone thanks a lot for all the info and ideas! Interesting-- some of you know a lot about stores/brand names only available online.

Gap is very popular it seems. My dd has a pair of separates with a little bear on (it came in a pack) which I got at a Gap Outlet. It's 100% cotton, cute, inexpensive and all, but the kind of cotton/how it's knitted is too stretchy? or very thin? I don't know how to describe it but they lose their shape very easily. I will look other kinds at Gap next time.

Also, during the winter time, my dh wants the room warm enough to wear short-sleeve shirts and shorts to sleep in, so we have our heating at max... plus dd has a fleece warm comforter so if she wears a thick/warm Pjs she may be too warm. Last winter though she was too young to use comforters of any sort so she wore Carter's poly mix warm PJs, on top of 100% cotton shirt.

Anyhow thanks again!
Shikimama