PDA

View Full Version : Will I be this nostalgic over putting her old clothes away every season?

LucyG
10-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I bought some plastic tubs in which to store DD's spring/summer clothes, but I'm having a hard time making myself actually empty out the drawers and put the smaller clothes away. Does it get easier each time you do it? For Pete's sake, she's only 7 months old and I'm already sad that she's growing up! The fall clothes are cute, but I'm going to miss all of those yummy little summer dresses and outfits!

khakismom
10-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Yes it gets easier. I was a blubbery mess when I put Kathleen's 0-3 stuff away. And of course, I was a blubbery mess when I got them out for Ellen to wear because I could remember Kathleen wearing them like it was yesterday! The memory was that fresh! :) But it does get easier, and then pretty soon, your tubs of clothes are overtaking your basement... :)

amp
10-06-2003, 03:52 PM
It is hard, isn't it?! DS is only 4 mths old, but we've already gone through the 0-3, 3-6 mth clothes and are about to put away all of the 6-9 mth summer stuff. It's so sad. He grows so fast and the clothes are so darn cute and he hardly gets any wear out of them. I'm having a hard time too.

mommyj
10-06-2003, 04:03 PM
I have a hard time with that too. DS is almost 3 months old, and he's already wearing some 3-6 and some 6-9 months clothes and he outgrew his cloth diapers. I got really sad when I packed up his clothes and dipes. They grow up so fast!
I did keep the outfit he came home in hanging in the closet. It's amazing how tiny it looks now.

Rachels
10-06-2003, 04:14 PM
The second set of seasons is easier. I was REALLY melancholy the whole first year, but putting away this summer's stuff isn't quite as hard. I still have twinges of "awwww," but I also have some inclination to eBay some of her stuff, which I never would have wanted to do last year.

I do miss having a tiny baby, but having a toddler is fun beyond belief. The sadness of seeing her move out of those things and stages that I loved is mitigated by how absolutely incredible it is to share my life with a little girl. The clothes are seeming kind of small potatoes next to that. It's not to say that I wasn't enchanted by her during her infancy-- I definitely was. But it gets more and more fun, if such a thing is possible, and putting away the clothes gets a little less sad.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

calebsmama03
10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
No advice, but glad to know I'm not the only one doing this! My DS is also 7 months and I am having a really hard time putting away his clothes. I do hope it gets easier!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03