PDA

View Full Version : New holiday lines at BabyGap, Gymboree, Children's Place...

khakismom
10-08-2003, 09:27 AM
So what is everyone planning on buying? What will your kids wear for the holidays? Any good deals or codes? Oh, how I love kids' clothes... :)

For me, Nana is buying the girls their hoilday dresses from Talbot's--lucky me! And I am loving the new blue velvet jumper from Hanna and am trying to figure out what to get with my Gymbucks!

elvisfan
10-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Recently, at Ross Dress For less, there were some holiday-type dresses by Gymboree on the sales rack. I didn't buy them (My dds are 21 months and 4 months and putting them in dressy clothes for more than 20 minutes is ill-advised) but they might be perfect for what you're looking for......

stillplayswithbarbies
10-08-2003, 12:03 PM
for Halloween (we always do pictures in the pumpkin patch) I have a green corduroy romper that I got on eBay.

for Thanksgiving, I have a DKNY Baby burgundy velvet dress that I got on eBay.

for Christmas, I don't know what I am doing. We will be in Florida at my mom's so what I had in mind for her first Christmas, (something velvet and red with ribbons) won't work. Maybe I'll wait until we get there and shop down there.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kaitlinsmommy
10-08-2003, 12:09 PM
I just moved to Dallas and haven't been able to shop with dd in awhile but am looking forward to catching up. I am considering a really cute "Santa" dress in the Wooden Soldier catalog. It's red velvet with white fur trim. Too cute! Might get a matching one for her 3 year-old cousin.

AngelaS
10-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Well, since I went NUTS buying Gymboree's Victorian Charm line LAST year, that's what my girls will be wearing.

I may also try to smock them matching dresses. :D It's my new hobby!

stella
10-08-2003, 03:51 PM
I think I am ordering Anna (10 mos. currently) the red corduroy dress in Hanna with the snowflakes. And I think I will order Wade (27 mos) the touch of wool overall in size 80 (he's so small) in India red and have it monogrammed. THey are the same color, but different fabrics.

DOes anyone know that dress? it's on p. 68 of new catalog and is so cute. I have been hesitant about holiday wear since really you can only wear "Christmas" from Dec. 1 (or after Thanksgiving) to Dec. 25th. period. It's pretty rigid (in my opinion).

So no orient expressed smocked santa dresses and overalls for $56 apiece. I did buy Anna one playsuit from little me that has a CHristmas tree, but it was relatively inexpensive and she can wear it twice or thrice a week during December.

My question is whether, given the criteria I have set out, the red corduroy Hanna dress is too CHristmas-y vs. just wintery. IN other words, could she wear it in Feb? I will try to post a link, but am new to all this high-tech posting!

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C7%7C1%7C156%7C7%7C2%7C&scid=MGHMWLH0Q3GL9K33LKB7C2FEEN0UAAEB

It's called the little red dress and is in the baby section if the link doesn't work!

bluej
10-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Oh my gosh! That is soooo cute! It's times like this that I REALLY miss having a little girl! I can't get Alex into a dress to save my life! Anyway, I'm like you w/ the Christmas theme time line deal and IMO that dress is more wintery looking and I'd still use it in Jan and Feb. It is absolutely adorable!

etwahl
10-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Claire, i've been looking at that exact same outfit since i saw it. it's soooooo cute, but imo, yes, it's very christmasey, so i don't imagine you'd want to wear it past december (jmo). but, it is pretty reasonable compared to some of the other outfits at say gymboree - would you wear it to christmas parties, maybe out for a nice dinner one night, christmas, etc. you could get several wears out of it, and lots of nice photo ops. i know what you're saying about holiday wear, i was wondering the same thing, but they're only babies once, and you could always sell the dress on ebay if you wanted to later i'm sure.

good luck. i'm thinking abuot it too, but hope it doesn't sell out before i decide or anything. that's one thing about hanna, stuff DOES sell out!

edited to say that i was just looking on their site - check out the danish velour dress - also very cute. the picture on the home page with the baby in black one with white knicker type pants is the cutest. that outfit in black with the white knickers (and you could also mix it up with tights) could take you past just december but still looks holidayish. what do you think? SOOOOO cute... in fact, too many cute things at hanna as usual :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

momtoemma
10-08-2003, 09:55 PM
I ordered this dress last week, and it arrived just today! It is just gorgeous! I think you could easily stretch it into January with its wintery theme. The dress is very plush and is just darling with its fleecy trim around the neck. I'm still toying with whether or not to order the matching snowflake tights. At first I thought they were a bit too busy and that plain creme tights would look better, but now I'm wavering. I don't think you'd be disappointed with this dress, and I think the price is reasonable considering its a Hanna dress. Happy shopping!

Stephanie

etwahl
10-11-2003, 06:37 AM
stephanie, do you really love this dress? mil just called last night and told me to pick out a christmas outfit for lauren. i'm torn between this red dress and then i also like the outfit on the home page of the website with the little girl in the black velvet dress and the little eyelet knickers underneath.

but the red dress is so christmasey that i think i'm drawn more to that! i just want to know just hw adorable. i think if we get that, we'll order the tights also.

edited to say what kind of shoes are you going to put with this dress? i was thinking little red patents would look cute, but doubt the red would match, so black might be better?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

momtoemma
10-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Tammy,

I really love the red dress! It is just precious and so christmassy. I really think you couldn't go wrong with either though. The black velvet one is gorgeous too. I haven't chosen shoes for the dress yet, but I think I will go with a black shoe simply because they would be more practical and go with other things as well. I think a pair of red shoes would be darling with it if you could find a good match. I really don't think I've been much help here, but as I said before, both dresses are just beautiful. Which color do you think would be more flattering on Lauren? I have had black on my DD before and thought it was a little harsh for her. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get the matching tights for the red dress.

Stephanie

etwahl
10-11-2003, 09:57 AM
i was wondering about black being harsh too. i've never had her in black, so don't know! i will probably go with the red with the tights. they looks so cute!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Andrea S
10-11-2003, 11:47 AM
My friend has the black dress and it is very cute she got the ruffled tights and black patent leather shoes her daughter was almost 1 when she wore it (last year) she looked adorable. We were looking at the catalog yesterday and we both like the red one, but I think it looks very christmas. JMO. Which one Lauren will look precious.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Andrea S
10-11-2003, 11:49 AM
There is a french blue longall with a applied snowman and a blue/white checked shirt underneath I want from wooden soldier for Andrew, but with shipping it will be almost $100 so I am still looking.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

etwahl
10-11-2003, 11:50 AM
andrea, so which one should i ask for?

also, does anyone know about tight sizes for hanna? someone mentioned they were big. since she wears size 70 in all their clothes, should i order tights in a size 60?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Andrea S
10-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Tammy,

I think both of the dresses are very cute. I guess it depends on how long you want her to wear it. If it were me I would put the black one on my daughter all winter and the red on for the holidays. Although if you are going to have her wear it around the holidays the either would be cute. It is a toughie. The hard part of having a boy is finding cute holiday outfits with a girl it is which cute outfit to buy. Maybe lay something black on her and see if you like it.

Good luck with your decision and we want to see Lauren in her dress.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

stillplayswithbarbies
10-11-2003, 03:38 PM
you could get the red shoes from Hanna, they should match. They are not patent. but they are really cute. It's the "my first shoes" and they come in red, black, or white.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Melanie
10-12-2003, 03:47 AM
Tammy, I love the red dress! It reminds me of a classic skating outfit.

I'm not sure. I'm eyeing some Holiday Longalls on eBay (thanks to all who responded to my thread reg. home show brands:D).

Thanks to the coupon code I'm going to be getting those snowman zippers from Hanna for Ds b/c we have always had a 'new Christmas PJ' tradition in my family. We'd get to open new PJs on Christmas eve.

I liked some of the holiday sweaters at BabyGap, but they are not on sale right now, so I didn't pick any up. The matching hats were adorable but I KNOW that'd never fly here. :P Dh swears that Ds' adorable Blueberry fruit cap looks like an eggplant which is somehow not appropriate for Ds. *eyeroll*

etwahl
10-12-2003, 06:50 AM
melanie, did you happen to see the black velvet hat from hanna? it's pictured with the red dress :) that dress reminds me of a skating dress too. reminds me of something i've seen when i was a little girl (or might have had). i think that's why i like it so much :)

oh, mil got us some snowflake pjs from the outlet. they're cute, and the fabric feels thicker than the striped ones. do you know if they are?

i love the idea of that tradition. i think that's going to be a new tradition here. new pjs on christmas eve, and that way they get a present to open also.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

elvisfan
10-12-2003, 09:00 PM
>
>i love the idea of that tradition. i think that's going to be
>a new tradition here. new pjs on christmas eve, and that way
>they get a present to open also.
>
>Tammy,
>Mom to Lauren Genevieve
>03/12/2003
>www.evantammy.com

The Osmonds do that. Can you imagine the final bill after all the pjs were bought for *that* family? lol