PDA

View Full Version : How do you play the GymBuck game?

peanut4us
10-08-2003, 10:08 AM
So it's redemption time... Do I run right out to Gymboree right now? Or will there be sales if I wait until the end of the redemption period?

Also, have any of you ever bought a gymboree coat before? I'm thinking about it.

heidi_timms
10-08-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. I have my eye on the leopard coat, but I'm wondering if it's going to go on sale by the end of gymbuck redemption period.

I picked up a sherling coat. Similar to the one that goes with "Puppy Love", but white inside at Ross. It is 0-6 months and it's still big on my 5-month old. I think that their stuff runs a little bit big. She is 50th percentile.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

lisams
10-08-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm wondering right along with you! Someone once posted saying they only run the good sales on the weekend, so I guess I would at least wait for that.

kaitlinsmommy
10-08-2003, 12:19 PM
In my experience, there will probably be sales before redemption time is up. I check online to see what's gone on sale before I waste a trip to the store. This is helpful if you want a specific item. If you are on their e-mail list, they will e-mail you about sales too.

malie
10-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Well don't run right out now because redemption doesn't start till tomorrow (the 9th). ;-) You have 10 days so while there might be a sale by the 19th, you have to counter that with will the item you want still be available (if it's a popular one). They just put up the Holiday line and while they have discounted all the boy lines, they haven't done the same for the girls

parkersmama
10-08-2003, 01:01 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=5746&mesg_id=5746&listing_type=search

Someone says that they have a sale the first weekend of Gymbucks.

AngelaS
10-08-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm part of a big yahoo group full of Gymboree crazed maniacs. LOL These are women who are known to have TONS of Gymbucks EACH time they're offered.

The advice there is not to wait. There are not usually sales during Gymbucks. Also, many people buy the newest line with Gymbucks because they get 50%. But it's a great time to pick up sale items that are already 20 to 40% off. The sale items will sell out and be gone. The new line may sell out during Gymbucks (at least the popular pieces) but the new line often gets replenished near the end of Gymbucks or once they're over.

Most Gymboree stores will let you go TODAY to put your stuff on hold and then you can go TOMORROW to buy it and redeem your bucks. :)

vpalmer
10-08-2003, 02:23 PM
I am also trying to figure out the Gymbuck game. I have a four month old, so I am still climbing the learning curve!

I also remember reading the thread where someone said they had a 20% off sale the first weekend of Gymbucks, but would they not have sent out an e-mail by now? Since today is Wednesday, I would assume that they would have sent an e-mail announcing a weekend sale. Or is the sale usually unannounced? Anybody know?

Veronica
Mom to Eva born 6-12-03