PDA

View Full Version : Robeez and chubby feet...

KMommie
10-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Hmmm, am I doing something wrong here...or do Robeez and chubby, wide feet not go together? Fall is here, and MIL, SIL, my brother...are all saying that we are dressing DD inappropriately. So, I decided to get DD a pair of Robeez, to keep her socks on and appease the masses.

Well, I tried on the 0-6 size tonight, and boy are these things a pain to try and get on. I pushed, pulled, and basically forced them onto her foot. She still has about an inch of toe room! They were so tough to get on, I decided to pull out the 6-12 month size I bought when they were on sale and they are HUGE and made DD's feet look like clown shoes, but they were easier to pull on. I know she doesn't NEED shoes, but she can't seem to keep her socks on. So, is it the width of the shoe that's not right? Are there "wide" soft shoes? And, if anyone has Daisy Roots, how are they width-wise? I have a pair of those coming in the mail.

TIA,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Andrea S
10-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Andrew has really chubby feet and I tried baby shoos and robeez and I could not get them on. The padders and baby gap's soft shoes worked the best for him.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

nitaghei
10-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Shoo-Shoos are wider than Daisy Roots. DS has somewhat narrow feet, and Daisy Roots fit him really well - so they might not work for Kiki. Sorry! They really are nice shoes.

Nita

JElaineB
10-12-2003, 09:22 AM
DS has really wide feet and is currently in 6-12 month Robeez which he is about to outgrow. However, he does not wear socks with them, they wouldn't fit! Before that he had 6-12 month BabyShoos, which didn't really seem much wider, but they were shorter. He wore those without socks too. If your daughter wears thin socks, those might work for you.

Now I have some extra-wide Stride Rites since he is walking, but also a pair of 12-18 month Babyshoos. This size BabyShoos is MUCH wider than the 6-12 month pair he had, so he does wear those with socks, even thick socks. I also have a pair of 12-18 month Jack & Lily, those look a little longer than BabyShoos but not very wide.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02