PDA

View Full Version : Crazy GymBuck Lady!

khakismom
10-10-2003, 02:17 PM
I just came back from Gymboree where I returned a hat that Kathleen refused to wear (threw it on the floor whining "No, I don't waaaaaannnnt it!). Anyway, I got to talking with one of the salesgirls and she mentioned that a lady came into the store yesterday to redeem--drum roll, please--49 GymBucks!! They said she spent over $2,450 to redeem them all. OMG, I don't even know if I could spend that much there unless I really, truly loved all the lines they had at the time. :)

The salesgirl also said that they call people who shop there all the time GymFreaks! :+

jojo2324
10-10-2003, 02:25 PM
49!!!!!! My goodness, I have two, and I am feeling decadent about that...Wow, that's a whole lot of money. And clothing. She's setting herself up for some tough teenaged years...:)

bluej
10-10-2003, 02:49 PM
LOL! GymFreaks! I suspect that if Hanna Andersson had a similar program to Gymbucks a lot of us here might be called HannaFreaks!

ginamlee
10-10-2003, 03:28 PM
She probably sells on eBay...

khakismom
10-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Could be! :) The saleslady said that she told them that she has 4 kids and (obviously) loves the clothes.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-10-2003, 03:51 PM
There are people who buy high end clothes, dress their kids in them once to take pictures, show off those pics on the internet and then sell the clothes as "never worn" or "worn once" and make all their money back. If they can get them on sale, they probably make a profit.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

AngelaS
10-10-2003, 03:59 PM
I don't shop there ALL the time, but one of the main reasons I buy Gymboree is because of the incredible resale value! Truly, if I buy something on sale and we wear it thru a season, the next year I can eBay it for about what I paid. Or just a few dollars less.

On occasion, I've bought things for the next season and when that season came around, I no longer loved it. I've ALWAYS gotten my money back.... :D

elvisfan
10-10-2003, 04:16 PM
At our local Ross, the Gymboree clothes always seem to be depleted compared to the Ross in the next town over. I think that one of the workers at our Ross is keeping the items in the storeroom and ebaying them.....but,yes, you can make good money doing that

malie
10-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Okay she also had to spend $2450 to even get them to start with so basically she ends up spending $3675 on clothing in what a months time. If she's not selling it, then her children must have a lot of clothes

parkersmama
10-10-2003, 04:45 PM
That's just crazy! I'm sure that she is eBaying it. There's no way that even 4 kids could wear that many clothes!!

parkersmama
10-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Just you wait until "Gannona" arrives! You'll be counting yourself lucky to get out of there with *only* 2 Gymbucks! LOL! ;-)

momathome
10-10-2003, 06:08 PM
OMG - a friend of mine told me that she had 8 gymbucks to redeem and I thought that was nuts! The most I have ever had was 3 and I felt very guilty about that. Now I try to limit myself to no more than 1 or 2 and I only shop at Gymboree during Gymbucks earning or redemption time. With 2 girls, though, I could go on and on there...
-Lauren

sarsah
10-12-2003, 05:56 AM
I had 2 Gymbucks to spend and had a hard time finding enough to make it to $100. Granted, I have boys, so that makes it easier not to spend to much at Gymboree.

One thing I really like about Gymboree is that after my kids wear it, I can usually sell it at a Consignment Sale and make back close to what I paid for it.

Sarah....Jason & Devin's Mommie