PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy? I really want this coat!!!

amyff
10-10-2003, 10:39 PM
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C2%7C1%7C156%7C2%7C7%7C&scid=P0B0LTP85BEE8NR330T39TASJ5SJCR6A

Do you think it is terribly impractical? It has buttons (zips are easier) and it doesn't look too warm (we live in MT). But, I just love the colors and the style and the little elfin hood! It would be a huge splurge and my first purchase from Hanna (but I would just HAVE to get the matching jumper and tights for Christmas). What do you all think? Too over the top? Not matchy enough for her wardrobe (a lot of purple)? What about sizes? Ava is 9 and 1/2 months but 21 pounds and 30 inches long? I am thinking 70 or 80?

Amy and Ava (12-20-02)

elvisfan
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
>http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C2%7C1%7C156%7C2%7C7%7C&scid=P0B0LTP85BEE8NR330T39TASJ5SJCR6A
>
>Do you think it is terribly impractical? It has buttons
>(zips are easier) and it doesn't look too warm (we live in
>MT). But, I just love the colors and the style and the little
>elfin hood! It would be a huge splurge and my first purchase
>from Hanna (but I would just HAVE to get the matching jumper
>and tights for Christmas). What do you all think? Too over
>the top? Not matchy enough for her wardrobe (a lot of
>purple)? What about sizes? Ava is 9 and 1/2 months but 21
>pounds and 30 inches long? I am thinking 70 or 80?
>
>Amy and Ava (12-20-02)
>
>
>
Ok,I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not a big Hanna fan..so take what I say with a grain of salt.
I wouldn't get *that* coat as her main one,kwim? But I would consider it for a spare. That could work.......

Marisa6826
10-10-2003, 11:33 PM
I think it's absolutely adorable. I would definitely go for it. Sophie has the red giraffe coat and I get TONS of compliments. Who cares if it doesn't match everything. My coats don't necessarily match my outfits ;)

As far as the size goes, they are plenty generous. The 80 is comparable to a 24 month (2T) size. I think the 70 would be fine.

Call their customer service and ask. They are awesome.

And as far as buttons go, I think they're honestly easier to do from behind than trying to thread the damn zipper bottom on a wiggly babe!! A button you can do by "feel", but not the zipper!! ;)

Good luck and happy shopping!!
-m

LisaMom2Allie
10-10-2003, 11:36 PM
I personally think that it is adorable and it makes me smile. If you love it then I say go for it.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

etwahl
10-11-2003, 02:18 AM
i don't think there's much of the hanna stuff that i find over the top. it's all so adorable, and i bet it's even cuter in real life. go for it. hey, they're only babies once, and who says we have to be practical all the time with them (with us, okay, but with them, not so much :) )

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

suribear
10-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Enjoy it while you can still pick their clothes! They grow up too fast.

This coat is precious, so I say get it if you really want it and can afford it. Just today I was lamenting how I never put dd in those adorable bear bottom tights during the toddler stage - too late now!

As for practicality, I can't say. It doesn't have to match anything, IMO.

Kris

stillplayswithbarbies
10-11-2003, 03:44 PM
I think it is adorable. It looks too poofy to use in a car seat, but if it is not your main coat, that's not a concern.

Don't forget the 20% off code for Hanna. See the other thread about that.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03