PDA

View Full Version : Land's End sizing

billysmommy
10-11-2003, 07:04 AM
We are looking to get DS the burgundy roll-neck sweater from Land's End for Christmas but I'm not sure on the size to get. He is 5 months and 1 week old and is currently 17 lbs 5 oz and is 26 inches long.
On the size chart, it says the 6 month size is for 25-27 inches and 14-18 pounds while the 12 month size is for 27 1/2-29 inches and 19-22 pounds. Which would you get to ensure it would fit him for Christmas?
Another option is we could order both sizes and just see which fits him then and return the other one (does anyone know about their return policy?) TIA

Rachels
10-11-2003, 09:06 AM
I am terrible at guessing sizes ahead of time, so I'll defer to the others here, but I will say that in my experience, LE stuff runs pretty big. I got Abigail the 6 month size bunting last winter, and it was just enormous on her. And over the summer, well after her first birthday, she was able to wear a 6-9 month size dress.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ncmommy
10-11-2003, 11:48 AM
I never know what size to order either. I can't say I have that much expereince with Land's End clothes, but I just received two of their bunny belly sleepers (ohh.....how wonderfully soft & cuddly!) in the 12 month size and they fit DS perfectly - he's about 18 pounds and 28 inches. Not sure if this helps you, but it seems to me their size charts are right on target. (I was actually hoping the sleepers would be a little big so he can wear them through the winter - at the rate he is growing I think I should have gotten a bigger size!)

I'm sure they will take a return if you want to try both, just know you'll have to pay shipping to send back the one you don't need.

kaitlinsmommy
10-11-2003, 01:31 PM
LE stuff runs big! I ordered a 3m bunting last year that she never grew into and she still wears a 6m playsuit from there and SHE'S
10 1/2 MONTHS OLD. The quality is great and so is their return policy. You can return items ANYTIME (even a year or more) so maybe just get both and return the one that doesn't fit.

sarsah
10-12-2003, 05:41 AM
Do you have a Sears store near you? Sears carries some Lands End clothing in their store. You could always go there and try something similar on your child and see how it fits.

I think Lands End stuff runs pretty true to size. My DS is 5 months old today and I would buy him the 6 month size for Christmas.

Sarah......Jason & Devin's Mommie

parkersmama
10-12-2003, 02:40 PM
I think LE tends to run big until you get to the toddler sizes and up which run more true to size. My dd is also 5 months (she's about 26" as well but only weighs a little over 14lbs) and I have purchased their 3-6 mos clothing for winter and the 6-12 months clothing for spring/early summer. They only recently changed the sizing to indicate that what used to be the 6mos size is actually 3-6 mos. I always assumed that the 6mos size was 6-12mos! That shows you how they seem to run large!! For a sweater, though, I'd probably get the larger size which would ensure that he will be able to wear it until it warms up in the spring (especially if you live in an area where it stays cold longer!).

Jenmv
10-12-2003, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure I can answer your question because that involves guessing how fast your DS will grow and I'm not good at that with my own child!. However I wanted to add that IMHO Lands End does not run all that big. My DD is ~28" long and ~17lbs. I just ordererd some leggings, tops and playsuits from there in 6-12m and they fit her well but certainly not with a lot of room left to grow. I've bought her clothes from Target in the 12m size which are bigger than the LE stuff. The shirts seems a little bigger than the pants but are still not that big.

Don't you love all of these different opinions? :-)

stillplayswithbarbies
10-12-2003, 05:04 PM
I have to agree with Jen. Logan is 6 months old and 17 lbs 8 oz and 26.5 inches long. The 6 month size summer stuff was just barely fitting her at the end of summer. I ordered her a 12m fleece bunting and it just fits now. I also ordered an 18m for next year but I believe we will be in that one before the weather gets really cold this year.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

billysmommy
10-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks so much everyone....I think we are just going to buy both sizes and then return the one that he doesn't fit into at Christmas :)