PDA

View Full Version : Need Hanna advice!

nigele
02-19-2004, 03:00 PM
You guys, I'm really in trouble - all this talk of Hanna and now I'm once again obsessed with placing an order!!

I was thinking of ordering the following romper for DS in French Blue/Water Blue, with the matching polo for me:

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?styleid=YA26563&from=BA

I also thought that I'd get a solid tee for DH in one of the colors so he could match with DS, too (although I think it would be too cheesy for us all to match on the same day!) My question is: do you think the french blue is too girly for a man???

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7C2%7C5%7C40%7C42%7C1%7C%7C

Thanks for your help.

P.S. - This is only the tip of the iceburg on my Hanna order - I'm going to have to scale it down so DH doesn't have a heart attack when the credit card bill arrives!

brigmaman
02-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Lisa, I was wondering if the water blue is too girly for ds. Have you seen it IRL? I can't tell if it's more purple or blue. Online it looks great, but in the catalog it looks purplish. Our ds's are about the same age. When Brig was younger, I could get away with colors that I couldn't now, KWIM? What else are you getting for your ds?
I think the french blue is fine for a man.

Melanie
02-19-2004, 05:38 PM
How cute! I must say, their colors are puzzling sometimes. I have a french blue & map blue striped shirt where the french blue looks periwinkle. BUT, if I am remembering correctly, the long romper that I bought Ds was clear green & french blue, which certainly looks blue. Then I have the Ultimate Blue wiggles and a top and it is not ultimate BLUE, it's like PURPLE! Oh and the Turquoise/Navy striped outfit is Turquoise & BLACK. I know the two colors can be close, but it's not close, it's black.

So...that's my color rant...I should email them about it.

khakismom
02-19-2004, 05:51 PM
I have the water blue hippity pants and shirt, and it is definitely BLUE. Not purple at all. :)

And I think it would be so cute for your DH to match Tom-Tom!! :)

nigele
02-19-2004, 06:44 PM
I don't think the water blue looks purple at all in the catalog. I haven't seen it IRL, so who knows? But I don't think it's too girly!

Here's what is on my wish list, so far, for DS:

- Roomy Striped Romper in French Blue/Water Blue
- Bold Striped Romper in Multi or Red/Blue (can't decide!)
- 1-2-3- Romper in Aqua
- Boxy Tee in French Blue??? (for both DS and DH)
- Seersucker Shortall Set
- Sweat Shorts and Jacket in French Blue
- Bold Striped Polo in French Blue/Water Blue (for me)

What are you getting?!

nigele
02-19-2004, 06:47 PM
They already have matching glasses, so matching shirts would really make them look alike!!

brigmaman
02-19-2004, 06:53 PM
It's so hard to choose! I think that the more I look at the rompers, the blue looks more blue than periwinkle.:)
I would like (without catalog in front of me so I am sure I'm getting the names wrong):
striped romper in blues and orange/yellow
big soft romper in red (long sleeve but shorts)
happy stripes pullover (this is a must!)
bunny pullover
striped beach pants for both of us
I love the seersucker shortall set but it's only listed as coming in sizes up to 80 and ds is a 90 now in the few things he has.
There are also lots of things I want for me. Some of them come in girls 160 which I might be able to fit into.
I don't know. I'm holding off to hear back from the marketing dept. 20% would still be great though. I just got the Land's End catalog and have found lots of cute things in there too!

nigele
02-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I love the striped beach pants, too. Oh, I bought the long johns in girls 160 for myself this winter and they fit perfectly! I want a bunch of things for myself and will probably order them in 160, if possible, since they are so much cheaper that way!

I'll have to look at my catalog to see the happy stripes pullover - I'm not sure what it is. But since you say it's a "must" I'm dying to see it!

Andrea S
02-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Andrew has a bunch of different blues from every season and I would not hesitate to dress him in any of them. He has french blue, powder blue and map blue.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

nathansmom
02-19-2004, 07:26 PM
I bought the bold striped romper in multi for Nathan. I think it looks better irl than online/catalog.

I also bought the striped romper with matching mom polo in the orange color. I love it.

Melanie
02-19-2004, 07:30 PM
I just adore the map blue. I was disappointed that it was not in the spring line b/c I was hoping for a s/s shirt to go w/ the cargos.

brigmaman
02-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Lisa, I sent you a pm. I'm wondering about the 160s!

Little Ladybug
02-20-2004, 11:27 AM
I ordered the blue striped sleeveless romper for DS a few days ago. When it arrives, I'll post to let you know how the blue looks IRL!

Elizabeth