PDA

View Full Version : Drat!!! My Hanna order came and...

momathome
02-19-2004, 03:19 PM
the aqua power of a great tee does NOT match with the beachhouse striped pants!!! Ugh!!! I HATE returning things, particularly mail order stuff. I think I am going to get French blue instead. On the website HA said that the beachhouse striped pants matched with the Power of a Great tee shirt but it did not say what colors actually matched, leaving me to guess and I guessed wrong. I looked through the catalog and I do not see anything that really matches with the aqua shirt so I guess I really am stuck returning it. I HATE going to the post office with the girls - so not fun!
-Lauren

sntm
02-19-2004, 04:54 PM
fwiw, i had to return wiggle pants when the orange didn't match a sweater i bought last year and they were awesome -- they even reimbursed the shipping cost. didn't save me a trip to the post office, though! and they were cheap to send back, maybe $1.50 with insurance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Melanie
02-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Oh that is a bummer. I would definitely suggest calling b/c they seem to have color codes or something and can tell you want matches even if it is not in the 'match with' list.

momathome
02-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I know I should have called and I was going to call but it looked like it matched so I went with. Oops! Shannon, did they automatically reimburse you for the shipping or did you have to ask? Did you get something equivalent or did you just get a credit? Just curious as to the best way to handle this! The French blue will match the pants, I have come to find out, so I think that is what I am going to exchange it for. Oh, well, learning experience!
-Lauren

momathome
02-20-2004, 10:52 AM
bump...

McQ
02-20-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't know if this would be the same but when a seam came undone on a pair of pants I called Hanna and they shipped me a replacement one and a postage paid bag to send the old one back in.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

sntm
02-20-2004, 12:23 PM
the return slip said something about each one being considered individually, so i wrote on there that i talked to CS and they thought it would match and it didn't. i just got it credited back to my credit card. i think if you wanted something else, though, they would ship it to you for free. their CS rocks.
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

ddmarsh
02-20-2004, 12:50 PM
With most catalogs if you just call and reorder the replacement item and say it is an exchange for another item they will send the new one to you without shipping costs.

sntm
02-20-2004, 01:59 PM
though i saw one online place which would charge you a 25% restocking fee!
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03