PDA

View Full Version : Does your baby need a new pair of Jack & Lily Shoes?

pritchettzoo
02-19-2004, 06:56 PM
I have contacted the owner who has given me permission to run a quiet co-op. I created a yahoo group to keep track of everything. Preliminary pricing information is on there. If you want to join and your yahoo id is really different from your user name here, PM me with the information (and keep in mind that I am suffering from severe mommy brain!). I would prefer to deal with BBB members so I don't get stuck with shoes people don't pay for.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBJackLily/

Thanks!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

smkinc
02-19-2004, 09:35 PM
I just PM'd you. I was wanting a light blue pair of shoes for the spring/summer. However, now that J. is crawling, his teddy bear robeez are getting really dirty really fast. Does anyone know if it's because the teddy is suede (and so picks up more dirt) or if this is just what happens when they crawl.

He had a light colored pair of bobux in the last size that didn't get this dirty and they were all leather, so I'm just assuming it's the suede.

Thanks so much for running the coop!

Mary (Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03)

Momof3Labs
02-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Crawling is very hard on the tops of shoes and socks (not to mention the knees of pants); a light pair of shoes will probably get dirty fast, too. Especially if he gets anywhere near a blacktop driveway (*sigh*)...

houseof3boys
02-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Lori would you recommend something since Ryan is already wearing down his Jack and Lily's and it's only been a week of full blown crawling all over the place! Since it's cold out, I don't want him to be barefoot since his little tootsies will be freezing.

Momof3Labs
02-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Ah, Colin learned to crawl during the summer, so we didn't have that problem. He wore onesies and got calloused knees and toes!

I'd just stick with socks, I think, because they are easy to wash. Why wear out the expensive shoes - all of them will just get dirty! Although I wonder if Hanna mocs would work - they are pretty washable, I think.

smkinc
02-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Lori,

Thanks for the advice Re: dirt. I have been using some Hanna mocs I got at the big winter outlet sale, they are about a 1/2" too big, but work great as long as he doesn't want to walk too much in them. The leather seems a little stiffer than Robeez, though. I've washed them once, and while they don't look 'like new', they did come clean and I think they look as passable as shoes as his Robeez.

Maybe I'll just stick with the mocs for J.--we do have a new niece that I'd love to get a pair of the golf J&L shoes for, though.

Mary (Mom to Jeremiah 2/4/03)

heidi_timms
02-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Thank you so much for starting another group. I think that the other one died or something!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Melanie
02-20-2004, 05:45 PM
=)

partyof5
02-20-2004, 11:54 PM
I pm'd you with my yahoo id. Thanks!

mommieo5
02-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi this is great I ordered from the other co op in NOV and the shoes are great thanks so much I hope you will include me as well( PS as a mom of 5 boys I dont get to post much laurie

liamsmama
02-23-2004, 01:02 AM
I sent you a pm. :)

Eloise36
02-23-2004, 03:56 AM
I just PMed you. Thanks for doing this!!!