PDA

View Full Version : Wll Hanna wiggle pants fit a skinny babe?

Rachels
02-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Still on a hunt for pants that won't fall down on my long, skinny toddler. What are the waists like on the Hannas?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
02-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Hmmm. I would call Hanna with her measurements. Honestly though, I find that even on Sarah, if she isn't wearing cloth that the wiggle pants are too roomy in the tush area. Would she wear a 70 or an 80?

ETA: Have you tried Old Navy? I find that their stuff runs kinda thin.

Momof3Labs
02-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Colin is 33" and 23lbs, and the size 80 wiggle pants ONLY fit him in the waist/butt if he is wearing a cloth diaper (a bulkier one - even the trimmer cloth dipes give us a problem). So not sure if this is the solution for you...

Rachels
02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Sigh. Nope. Sounds like it's not...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Imperia
02-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I was wondering about this question myself; as I was tempted to order the flutter dress with matching bike shorts for spring. I realize my DD is still very young (a month today!) but at least for now she is petite and thin, especially the waist and her limbs. She is starting to move from Preemie into 0-3 sizes (and she wasn't a preemie btw she was past her due date, but 0-3 clothing was MASSIVE on her) but a lot of the stuff is huge around her little waist...the one thing I have found which almost fits her waist (but even they are too large still) is Gymboree leggings. I tried them because a lot of women on this board said they work well for their long, thin babes. I have a pair of Old Navy 0-3 soft pull on pants and they literally fall off of her; the Gymboree fit better.

Imperia

stillplayswithbarbies
02-21-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't think they will work for you, unless you are going for a baggy look.

But Hanna leggings will work great for you. Here is Logan in an 80 in Hanna leggings, see how tight they are on her, she usually wears a 70 in Hanna pants:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b34bb069c425

(ignore the hairbrush in her mouth, it's the only way I could get her to pose)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Rachels
02-22-2004, 09:53 AM
That's precious! OMG, she's so cute. Okay, we'll look at the leggings!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

kirstensmom
02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
I don't have Hanna wiggle pants but the playdress leggings are very baggy. I like them with the dress but if their other leggings run the same I don't think it would be good for a skinny baby. I ordered the flutter dress with shorts and am hoping they won't fall down.

My 18 month old dd is about 20 pounds and 31 inches. Ralph Lauren pants fit her really well and their pants/shorts/capris often come with a belt. I think she would fit into 12-18 for spring/summer. Just another brand to try if you like some of their styles.

ETA: Old Navy also seems to run slim in jeans and leggings

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

nitaghei
02-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Rachel,

The Wiggle pants absolutely do not work!! The waist is huge. Sad. I have to put on Neel's bulkiest cloth diaper, and even then the pants are falling off him.

I've had really good luck with Janie&Jack and Rugged Bear - at least with boys' clothes. Don't know about girls. I'm on the hunt for pants/jeans that will stay up too. I'm getting pretty tired of seeing Neel in overalls.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD