PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else stay up late at night....

deborah_r
02-22-2004, 06:23 PM
worrying about what size clothes you've bought and trying to figure out if your child will fit into them in the right season???

I am seriously confused about this. DS still fits in 6-9 month Gymboree, but BabyGap 6-12 month hangs on him, just to give you an idea where we are at. So at Gymboree I bought some 6-12 month spring-type stuff and just one piece of 9-12m, that will be too hot for summer here probably. Then I bought 12-18 month that I thought would be good for summer. But what if he doesn't grow into the 12-18 month until winter? Oh, and back when that monkey line was out I bought a light blue sweater in 12-18m that I thought maybe for spring, but now I don't know when he might be able to wear it. Summer is pretty much June-October here.

Back in December I had 3 unused Gymbucks (yes, 3) because I could not figure out what to buy him. Most of the stuff then was winter, I guess I should have bought 18-24m winter clothing then, for next winter.

I think I am starting to understand why there is so much NWT stuff on ebay!!

Does anyone have any insight or techniques for figuring this out??

JenCA
02-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I do. In fact, I have a bag full of spring/summer things to exchange at Gymboree because I'm fairly certain DD won't fit into them by the time the weather warms up enough for her to wear them. Buying clothes for another season is all about guessing--which is why I leave the tags on everything until the last minute, and keep all my receipts!

brigmaman
02-22-2004, 06:33 PM
I seemed to guess pretty accurately last winter for this winter. I think the first year I read a pound/month weight gain is average. Brig gained a bit more/month and then slowed down a bit after 12 months.
For winter it is easier, here at least, because there are about 7 months range, so even if you're a bit small or big, there will be some cold time that the clothes will fit. I know there was a link to some great growth charts on this board the other day. I have been using that the past few days.
Kai seems to be fitting in his true size, right? Has it always been this way? As long as you are familiar with how a brand runs it should be a bit easier.
Sorry was going to write more- but Brig just woke up and wants to be held!

Imperia
02-22-2004, 06:38 PM
*Raises hand* I do, I do!

And teh sad thing is this started before she was even born! I basically keep everything I buy from Gymboree untouched and SAVE the receipts. They have 6 month return policy. In fact, the otehr day I brought back a bunch of items I know won't be fitting DD at the right time. It's so difficult to guestimate what size they will be at what time. I am guessing DD will be wearing 3-6 M gymboree this summer even though she will be 6 months in July due to her petite build, but if I am wrong uh oh because I have a huge stash, and it will probably make some ebayers very happy lol.

I think you are right about pre buying though because people on my gymboree loops are always wanting to trade sizes.

I can't really offer any sage advice except to keep your receipts!

Imperia

deborah_r
02-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Oooh, maybe I need to get on a Gymboree loop. Gymbo has been been fitting him perfectly and he is exactly in the age range as they define it.

nathansmom
02-23-2004, 12:10 AM
I do. I have no idea if what I've bought so far will fit.

AngelaS
02-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Here's my theory....

If your baby is in the 50% for height and weight, they will most likely wear their age in clothing sizes. So, at 12 months, they'll wear 12 months clothes.

If they're smaller than 50%, they'll wear a smaller size than their age. My runt baby is under the 15%, so at 21 months, she's still wearing 12/18 month things.

If they're bigger then 50%---bigger than their age.

Of course, if you have a long torsoed baby who's height % is bigger than his weight %, then he may need bigger sized onesie shirts than he needs pants. :D

teddy
02-23-2004, 11:27 AM
OMG, I was doing this during COF - my first Gymboree purchase ever. I bought a bunch of the whale stuff because it was too cute. I bought mostly size 18-24 months since DD is 15 months old and I wanted it for spring/summer. BUT she is super thin (3% for weight) but average height (50%). So then I was calling all around to all the Gymbos in the Chicagoland area looking for 12-18 month sizes in the stuff I bought. I think I went to 4 stores to do all the exchanges and ended up with some 18-24 sizes and some 12-18. But the 12-18 pants are still too big. By the time she can fit properly into the stuff, it'll probably be 90 degrees.