PDA

View Full Version : Washing tips for Hanna?

DDowning
02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Okay, all of these bright colors have me wondering. We normally just throw all of DS's clothes together - whites, brights, etc. -mixed with Dreft into the wash. Do I need to separate these out now?

KMommie
02-23-2004, 12:29 PM
I only separated the Hanna stuff the first time, just in case. Now, we throw everything in together, with Dreft no problems yet. The only thing that ran on me the first time I washed, was the red snowflake dress. One thing, remember to wash everything inside out. DH forgot and a couple of our zippers' flat lock seams are now all fuzzy. I have to keep trimming the fuzz off.

HTH,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

smomom
02-23-2004, 01:05 PM
I always separate my darks and whites, but I haven't noticed any fading with Hannas so it may not be necessary. I wash DS's clothes with ours and I usually have enough to stuff to sort the loads by colors.

I second the recommendation to wash everything inside out - especially if you are washing bibs at the same time. The velcro on the bibs just loves getting caught in those flat lock seams. And just to be extra careful, I also dry all Hanna items on my dryer's lowest setting.

smomom
02-23-2004, 01:05 PM
edited to delete double posting!

Ooops! my finger jumped and double posted!

DDowning
02-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Thank you - especially about the tips for washing inside out! :)

sntm
02-23-2004, 03:08 PM
random tip: i throw all the bibs into a lingerie mesh bag as we use them and then toss that in the wash. the mesh keeps the velcro from sticking to everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

cinrein
02-23-2004, 05:11 PM
I may not be the norm, but I separate Anna's clothes into 2 piles, whites and everything else. Last fall I got Anna the red Hanna cargo pants and they turned her whites slightly pink when I washed everything together. Anna has quite a few pieces of red-colored clothing, so I just wash them together to avoid any mishaps.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

brigmaman
02-23-2004, 05:39 PM
This what I was going to add! Our first pair of wiggle pants were in a load with a velcro bib. They got stuck together and now there is a spot on the pants that looks a bit frayed!
Lesson learned!

malisa
02-23-2004, 06:46 PM
If you have any of the red/white stuff, try the Shout color catchers. They're like a dryer sheet that you throw in the wash and it "cathes" all the extra dye. I only use them the first time or two. I get them at Target.

HTH
Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02