PDA

View Full Version : Squall vs. Gymboree 3 in 1

lovin2shop
02-23-2004, 02:25 PM
I picked up the Gymboree 3 in 1 jacket for next year for a steal of a deal. But, I'm seeing the prices on the Squall's and I can't decide if I should bite on this also. Can anyone give me a comparision of these two jackets? Is one heavier than the other, or bulkier? Would I need both or do they serve the same functionally?

TIA,
Amy (mommy to Drew 9/3/02)

brigmaman
02-23-2004, 05:48 PM
We had (used once) the 3 in 1 jacket. It was way too bulky for my chunky ds in the carseat. We use the fleece part all the time, though. I ordered the Squall and actually got to see it in person today at Sears. It was much less bulky. The squall has a fleece lining that is attached.
One of the main things I didn't like about the 3 in 1 is tha the part of the coat near ds' chin was pointy. Hard to describe, but it hit him in the chin and stood straight up when I took off the hood. The LE squall looks much more comfortable in the chin area.
I also just read that the sleeves are not fleece, they used thinsulate to keep them insulated, but easier to get on.

AdoptChina
02-23-2004, 06:22 PM
I actually bought both lol. I got the 3-in-1 for $13.99........too good to pass up. THen got the squall for $24. My daughter currently wears a squall and I really like it.

lovin2shop
02-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the info. At the overstocks price, I had to pull the trigger and get the squall as well. I have to get him in and out of the carseat everyday and the Gymboree jacket looks awful puffy. But, I got it for $10 after redeeming gymbucks so I think I'll hang on to it for outside play. Thanks again.

Amy (mommy to Drew 9/3/02)