PDA

View Full Version : Father/son matching shirts

nigele
02-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm trying to decide which shirts to get for DH and DS. I originally thought about getting the Hanna Boxy Stripe Tees in Navy and White (YA32728) but I really wanted to dress DS in lighter colors for the spring and summer. (Navy is the only color DH would go for.)

I found the following polos at LL Bean and think they would be adorable in the Apple Green for both DH and DS: http://tinyurl.com/28bqd

What do you think? Please help me decide which to get!!!

MelissaTC
02-23-2004, 03:50 PM
I like the LL Bean polos in apple green a lot! That would look really cute!

bluej
02-23-2004, 03:51 PM
If it were my DH and son, I would go for the LL Bean Polo's. I think that apple green is a great color! And as much as I like navy, I'm trying to stick to the lighter colors for Ryden for as long as I can (however, navy items keep sneaking into his wardrobe). As far as my DH goes, he would be more receptive to the polo as well.

nitaghei
02-23-2004, 04:03 PM
The LL Bean polos - no question!! And did you see that there a women's polo in apple green too? I might have to get that for DS and myself - I really, really want matching mother-son outfits (how dorky is that?)

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

MelissaTC
02-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Not dorky at all! I was thinking the same thing...LOL... :)

nigele
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm ordering matching outfits from Hanna for me and DS! I'm getting him this romper in blue:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?styleid=YA26563&from=BA

And I'm getting myself the matching polo:
http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?styleid=YA28050&from=BA

nitaghei
02-23-2004, 05:09 PM
That is so cute!!! I love the colors. Do post pics when you get them! If only Hannas fit DS better. :(

Though it's probably good that they don't. Not to mention the fact that I have a bunch of coupons from my LLBean Visa, so I wouldn't have to spend "real" money to get the LLBean shirts.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

nigele
02-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I just wanted everyone to know that I did end up ordering the LL Bean polos in apple green. They arrived today and can you believe the colors on the two shirts do not match?!? The toddler shirt is a gorgeous soft apple green but the men's shirt is sort of an ugly color - it has a lot of yellow in it. Also, the buttons on the shirts are different. I went back to their website and they do show them correctly, I just didn't notice this when I ordered them. The toddler buttons are brown and the men's buttons are smaller and white. I'm planning to call them and see what they suggest. Just thought I'd post the info. in case anyone was thinking of ordering these.

Now back to the drawing board...do I order the Hanna boxy tees???

nitaghei
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
So sorry to hear that. At least you'll be able to return them. The only other thing I was wondering about - and I was planning on calling LLBean. There is a beautiful soft blue in both toddlers and mens that looks really close, but has different names. Maybe a trip to the LLBean store is in order.

ETA

Scrap that. Just called LLBean, and the blues are different, as are the reds. The vendors for the kids clothes are different for those for the adult clothes - which is why the colors don't match. It really stinks.

Unless of course, you actually prefer Hanna, in which case, it's a great justification to drop the extra $$$.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

nigele
02-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks, Nita! I think I will return them. I love Hanna but I just can't decide on what color to order. I would order the French blue boxy tees for DS and DH, but don't know if my DH will wear it. He likes the navy blue but I don't want to put Tom in dark clothes this spring/summer - he wore them all winter! I really have to decide soon since my first Hanna order already shipped and I was hoping they would ship an addition to that order free.

nitaghei
02-27-2004, 03:15 PM
How about light colored pants with a navy shirt? It would lighten up the look.

I may just have to give up on getting any father-son or mother-son stuff for us - unless I go with a white shirt/ blue jeans idea. Hannas just don't work for us - too wide for DS, and too short for DH, and too $$$ for me. There's no way I'm spending $28 on a shirt for me that I can't even wear to work.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

parkersmama
02-27-2004, 03:59 PM
How about doing the striped beach pants for Tom with the navy boxy tee? Then your dh could just wear the tee. That would lighten it up and make it really summery. Also, I know you're wanting to get away from navy but my boys had navy blue t-shirts last summer from LE and they looked really great paired with light khaki shorts and the boys with a tan! :)

Another idea, how about the LE polo playsuit for ds and the matching polo for dh? The playsuit comes in the standard navy but also in red. There are several different polos for dh to choose from in the same red color. Also, you could just get the regular toddler polo for ds...it comes in red as well. It's also in a pretty green but I couldn't find a matching men's shirt. :( HTH!

nitaghei
02-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Lisa,

I think Gap might have matching father-son polos in a wonderful summery blue. Check this out

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=102510&wpid=145967

and

http://www.gap.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=502035&wpid=230543

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03

nigele
02-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Denise,

Thanks for the great ideas. Your suggestions almost got me ordering a ton more from Hanna (striped beach pants - for Tom AND me, khaki shorts - for Tom and me, navy striped shirts for Tom and his Dad and maybe a solid one for me.) I'm really outta control!!! I do like the idea of wearing the navy tee with khaki shorts. Besides, at least the navy shirt will hide stains. LOL!

nigele
02-27-2004, 11:23 PM
Nita,

Thanks for the link to the Gap shirts! They look really sweet. I'll have to check them out. I'm planning to call the store tomorrow and see if they have them in stock so I can check them out in person.

I called LL Bean and they told me the same thing they told you. I can send the shirts back for a refund but I have to pay the postage. How annoying!