PDA

View Full Version : A rare Gymbo purchase -BONUS TAKEN!

Marisa6826
02-23-2004, 08:30 PM
As most of you know I am far and away NOT a member of the pastelly, flowery Gymbo fan club.

However, while trolling the mall for shoes for Sophie, I felt myself drawn in by that little yellow dress with the white polkadots.

I decided I wasn't paying $42 for a dress, but moved toward the back looking to see if there were any un-pink bargains ;)

I ended up buying the little tulip sundress (with matching hat) and the navy blue one with the beach umbrellas. I like the fact that they have the little dipe covers that come with. Lately the other dresses I'm seeing don't have them for the larger sizes.

Two questions:

1. Sophie is a really small munchkin - 18lbs, 26-1/4" last month and she's 14m old. I got her the 12-18m size. Will this work? The sales chick wouldn't even look at me when I asked. She answered, "Yeah. 12-18" while carrying on a conversation with her coworker.

ETA: Brubeck got the bonus!

-m

2. They gave me a Gymbucks thing. I seriously doubt I will be buying much more from there since their stuff truly doesn't curl my toes like Hanna.

So - if you promise to send back my receipt (in case I need to return the sundresses), whoever wants the gymbucks can have them. I spent $53, so I guess I have $25 worth. I specifically asked if my "sister" could use the Gymbucks if I couldn't and the shrew behind the counter said she could as long as the receipt was attached.

I would have PM'd somebody, but I honestly can't remember who's a fan and who isn't and I'm too lazy to do a search ;)

Let me know

-m

JenCA
02-23-2004, 08:38 PM
12-18 months should be roomy! My big girl is 18lbs and 27" at 6 months and she's in 6-12 in Gymbo. But--IMO, Gymbo runs a bit on the small side, so 12-18 should allow for growth. Glad you found some non-pastely things for your cutie girl!

I would take you up on the Gymbucks offer, but I just earned two of them today--so I'll let someone else take you up on your very generous offer. :)

brubeck
02-23-2004, 08:57 PM
I would love the Gymbuck if no one else has taken it. I sent you an email.

Marisa6826
02-23-2004, 08:58 PM
They're yours Helen!

Something's not been working right with emails sent through the BBB site.

In case I don't response by tomorrow latest, PM me instead.

-m

brubeck
02-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks Marisa! I PM'd you too.

As for the sizing thing, Andrew just grew out of some Gymbo 12-18 month onesies and he is fitting nicely into 18-24 month onesies with some room to grow. He's between 32 and 33 inches (hard to measure by myself) and 25 lbs. So it sounds like 12-18 months should be just fine for Sophie .(presuming that boys and girls sizes are the same... anyone know about that?)

emmiem
02-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Does everyone know that you can not redeem the Gymbuck unless the receipt is still attached?

I find that their dresses run small in the chest. I have a small 3 year old. 35 inches tall and all of 26 pounds yet I buy 3T or 3 dresses. I don't like them too short and feel they last longer this way. My DD wears 18-24 month pants and even they fall down but 3T tops.
Michele

LucyG
02-24-2004, 09:09 AM
We don't have any Gymboree dresses, but my daughter is about Sophie's size, and I think 12-18 months would SWIM on her right now. I bought her some 6-12 Gymboree things this winter, thinking they would fit now. Well, they are going to have to be for next fall, as they were huge on her. So, my guess would be that 12-18 is too big for Sophie right now. Again, no dress experience with Gymbo, but that's how other things have run for us.

Imperia
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Which Tulip dress did you get? Since you aren't a pink fan I am guessing the one wit hteh white background and the bright tulips on it (sort of a Merrimekko pattern almost?) I LOVED the umbrella dress, but my store didn't have it in the size I wanted for DD. Gymboree really had some neat colour combos for early spring stuff this year. Sometimes (epecially outside of the layette stuff) they are much less floral and pink than you would think. Onviously, not as bold as Hanna but still not your basic pink with ruffles.

I know someone said that Gymbo runs small, but I have found the opposite is true in general. It runs big, and sometimes very big. For one thing, they tend to have a larger size range than most. Their 0-3 m size fits 8 pounds to 12 pounds (compare this with say Osh Kosh which is 5-10 pounds for 0-3). Gymboree does, in most people's opinion, fit best on children who are long and thin. My DD is petite; and she looks like she weighs even less than she actually does due to her delicate bone structure. When she was born she weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces and 0-3 was (and still is in most pieces) WAY too big for her, especially in the waist. So it depends on what her build is like, YMMV obviously...

*ETA* On Gymboree's Website 12-18 m size supposedly measures:

12-18 months: height: 29-31 weight: 22-26 lbs. chest: 19 1/8 hip: 19 5/8 inseam: 10 I think 6-12 m may have been a better bet for you. Have you tried them on her, or held them up to her?

Imperia

momathome
02-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Marisa-
Given that it is summer stuff that you bought for her, 12-18 month should be fine. Kasey was 28in and 16lbs8oz at her 1 year check-up (February) and she wore 12-18 month Gymboree clothes by the summer. Enjoy your purchase - there are some lovely pastels in the strawberry patch collection..,(;!!!
-Lauren