PDA

View Full Version : Get the stride rites now????

cchavez
02-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Diego is 10 months and is cruising, pulling up and taking some steps w/ his radio flyer push toy/wagon. I went into the SR store today and the saleslady told me I should get his shoes now so that he gets used to them. He just uses socks when he is at home and ShooShoos when we go out. I really want a pair of SR sandals for the Summer but I would love for them to last all summer!!! So if I get them now (or in the next few weeks) will they last all Summer or will he grow out of them???

Thanks!!

pamela mom of 3
02-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Well just my opinion ;)

The basic idea of a shoe is to protect the little foot from being hurt, you know outside, dirt too from the standpoint of indoor public places etc. If your baby isn't walking in public places or outdoors wait and save your self the money till he is kwim?

My son did get his shoes at 10mths but he was fully walking and you couldn't get him to stay in the buggy when we went out...plus hey he had 2 sisters to catch up with lol

My 2nd dd got hers at a year again when she fully walked and dd#1 was older about 14/15mths..latER walker..before then it's just more expense than is needed.

How long a shoe lasts? depends ALOT on the child, i was lucky my kids could get 4/5mths out of baby shoes however generally it's about 3mths even 2mths...a good shoe shop should be able to watch/follow for your childs growth patterns.

HTH :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

toomanystrollers
02-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Yes, I would wait too. He'll get comfortable with shoes in no time at all.

Momof3Labs
02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I agree with everyone to wait. He only needs shoes to protect his feet when outside, etc. We didn't get shoes for Colin until he was walking all over the place, and even then barely used the first pair of shoes (we used Robeez a lot more). The second pair (that he has now) is getting much more use, primarily because it is so darn cold in this area.

If you get him sandals now, they will NOT last all summer. The average is 3 months, which only gets you through May. Even if he exceeds the average and fits them longer than 3 months, you still will be buying a second pair by mid-summer.

C99
02-23-2004, 10:58 PM
I would wait as well. I think sometimes shoe salespersons really just want to make a sale, so they will say anything to get you to spend that initial $40 (b/c once you do it once, you have to keep doing it -- they grow out of those suckers fast!). I had Nate's feet measured on Saturday while we were buying my husband new shoes and even though I told the sales guy that Nate walks better barefoot (he was wearing Robeez), he told me that he'd walk better in a pair of SRs. Um, yeah right pal!

C99
02-23-2004, 10:58 PM
I would wait as well. I think sometimes shoe salespersons really just want to make a sale, so they will say anything to get you to spend that initial $40 (b/c once you do it once, you have to keep doing it -- they grow out of those suckers fast!). I had Nate's feet measured on Saturday while we were buying my husband new shoes and even though I told the sales guy that Nate walks better barefoot (he was wearing Robeez), he told me that he'd walk better in a pair of SRs. Um, yeah right pal!