PDA

View Full Version : Baby Style catalog - where are their clothes from?

deborah_r
02-24-2004, 06:55 PM
I got a Baby Style catalog yesterday. Don't think I've seen one before - it says they are opening B&M stores, I think (I only glanced).

I was wondering if anyone knows where their clothes are from - did they make their own line. Some of it looks Hanna-ish.

I've always considered Babystyle to be overpriced - is this an accurate perception on my part?

DDowning
02-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Deb - There's a store in Manhattan Beach and more recently Newport Beach. Might give you a chance to check out them in person.

I'm not sure who makes their clothes. The softest pants I heard have some good reviews.

Lucia
02-24-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi Deb,
We've have had great luck with Babystyle...both from the store and even better deals on-line (especially in their outlet section). I find their clothes to be very comfy cotton, made well, simple, nice range of colors in both their winter and spring/summer lines. You might want to check out their on-line services...I belong to some sort of point earning system. Now that we live overseas, I am even more impressed with their services....very quick with orders, good prices for shipping, and great site for purchasing gifts for friends back in the states!
Hope you like them as much as we do!
Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

junieblee
02-24-2004, 10:29 PM
I too am a huge fan of babystyle for their quality and service. They carry a range of things made by other companies (usually higher end designer stuff) and they make their own "babystyle" line of clothes for maternity and also for kids. I loved their "essential" cotton line - wore them all the way through my pregnancy and beyond, and their "softest cotton" line for babies. They can be a bit pricey but the quality has never disappointed and as the last poster said, they do have great deals in the outlet section. Now that I've spent enough cash there to get free shipping and earn "babystyle bucks," I am really hooked!

C99
02-24-2004, 11:22 PM
I LOVE the Babystyle Softest line. A friend of mine hooked me into it and these are the pieces that I reach for over and over again in Nate's drawers. They usually have a 2-for deal that lowers the price of each piece to about $10 or so, which I don't think is too bad for baby clothes -- still less than Hanna, which I also love. And given how many times Nate has worn some of the things, I think they've held up remarkably well.

jec2
02-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Debbi,

I just rec'd a bunch of the baby softest cotton for Finn for the summer and next fall/winter. I haven't washed it yet but they do look nice. I bought them from the clearance section so they were really reasonable and then babystyle does often do coupon codes too. The thing that sucks is that living in Cali I get charged tax. I bought some maternity things too and they have been fine. I don't like the cut of two tank-tops I bought (sort of Flash Dance neckline so they always fell off the shoulders) but the fabric is nice.