PDA

View Full Version : Hanna sizing question yet again

nathansmom
02-27-2004, 07:52 PM
All right they sent me another 70 and its still way to big. Should I try a size 60 or just give up on the overalls fitting him?

karin4
02-27-2004, 09:08 PM
You know, I've been waiting to see how the new pair would work out for you. I went to our hanna store earlier this week, interested in the bunny overalls. They looked absolutely enormous to me, too, and the straps seem to be way too long. I think they are just running large. I don't think I'd try a 60-- those looked like they'd be too small, at least for Eliza (she's almost 14 months old, but tiny-- 29 inches, which puts her toward the top of the 70 range, and 18.5 lbs, which is right in the middle of the 70 range). I would go ahead and wash and dry them according to the label's instructions... maybe they will shrink more than the salespeople know to expect at this point. If they still don't fit, send 'em back... hanna will accept the return of laundered items.

Actually, I think a lot of this spring's line looks larger then usual. Eliza was starting to fit into some 80s in the winter stuff, but she is very firmly in 70s in all the spring things, with enough room to spare that I expect she'll still be able to wear them through September. The hippity hop jacket, for example-- her zoo pals one is a 70, and starting to be a little snug. Well, the 80 in the hippity hop came well down to her knees; the 70s fit is roomy-but-good (especially since it's 20% polyester so shouldn't shrink much, and since she'll mostly just be wearing Ts underneath rather than bulky sweaters and layers). The flutter sleeve dress also seemed just enormous in the 80-- like down to her ankles! Anyway, the lesson for me at least was definitely stick to the size chart... even if you're at the top of the range, there will be plenty of to-grow room.

Hope this helps! And if you do decide to wash the overalls, would you let us know how they do? I still think they're really cute... wouldn't even mind moving the buttons up on the straps if that's all it'd take to get a good fit.

nathansmom
02-28-2004, 12:05 PM
I called Hanna and asked for the measurements for the 60. I then measured Nathan and the rise for the sixty is an inch longer then his rise. Also she had me measure from shoulder to crotch and once again Nathan was about 2 inches shorter then the size 60 there. I went ahead and had them ship a 60 to me. In order for the 70 to fit him it would have to shrink about 5 inches in length and 5 inches in in the shoulder area. I guess if the 60's are small on him then I'll have to find something else for Easter.