PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Hanna sizing question (70 v. 80)

JenCA
02-28-2004, 01:05 PM
My DD is a big girl. At her 6 month appointment 2 weeks ago, she was 27" and 17lbs., 13oz. (I do not know how this happened! My DH is only 5'11" and I'm 5'2", maybe 110lbs soaking wet! ;) ). Anyway--all of the clothes I've been buying for her lately from Hanna are 70s. Most pieces fit her loosely--although some pieces fit bigger than others--and I have to roll the cuffs on most everything. BUT--I ordered her a white jeepers in size 70, and after I washed it, it had shrunk considerably, and while it fits her perfectly now, she isn't going to grow into it--there's no room for that! I'm thinking if I call Hanna customer service and explain my plight, they'll let me exchange it for an 80. But--is the jump from 70 to 80 considerable? I want DD to be able to wear it now. Any thoughts?

Momof3Labs
02-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Well, Colin fits nicely in his 80's at 33" tall and 23lbs, plus we cloth diaper. So if the 70's fit her, the 80's will be a bit big, though I don't know if it isn't anything that isn't workable.

khakismom
02-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Ellen is a big girl too! :) She is 20 pounds and 30"+ tall at almost 9 months. She is actually wearing both 70s and 80s. Today she has on a short-sleeved jeeper in 80 and it is a tiny bit loose, not TOO baggy or loose, but not tight either. It actually probably fits her perfectly! Then she's wearing the Floating Flowers capris in size 70 and they fit her fine. She has a bit of growing room, but not alot.

As far as your single jeeper that shrunk, I would see about exchanging it for an 80. I always find that babies grow the fastest in their torso, and I don't think an 80 would be so giant that it wouldn't look OK. :) Good luck sweetie!

zen_bliss
02-28-2004, 11:07 PM
i think there is a huge difference between 70 and 80! i have a long stringbean. the 70s have fit her nicely for a long time (like your babe, she was 27" at her 6 mos and is now 29"), so i wanted to move up to get some 80s. the wiggle pants i got are huge but workable (because of the cuffs) but the frog pants have got to go back for a 70.

hanna has a great customer satisfaction guarantee, so i am sure they will let you exchange it because of the shrinkage.

malisa
03-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Are you talking about the eyelet creeper?
Long sleeves or short? (I assume long)

I thinks the 80 will be too big. My DD was 1lb. and 1" smaller than yours at the same age, and she didn't start wearing 80s until she was about 10mos. It was a stretch, they were pretty big/roomy on her. But, I was so excited to have them I made her wear them anyway.

We have a few of these creepers (probably Hanna's most versatile piece imo), and we sort of had this problem. It didn't shrink right after we washed it, we've had them since last Fall. But, while size 80 is still roomy and perfect on her in other Hanna pieces, the 80 creepers are getting too tight to snap.

So, I pulled out her new 90 creepers (which I thought we wouldn't get into until next Fall) and the neck and sleeves are waaay to big/long (mostly the sleeves). But, the body is only about 1/2"-3/4" too long--which is fine prewashing.

Anyway, I'd call Hanna cs, explain the situation, and let them know your unhappy. Maybe that particular creeper was too small. I have one playdress that runs smaller than all of our others and it has been laundered the exact same way. At the very least they could send you a new 70 and you could just not put it in the dryer.

Also have them pay for s/h for the return/exchange--they'll totally do it, but don't always volunteer it.

HTH
Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02

JenCA
03-01-2004, 03:09 AM
Actually, I was talking about the plain 'ole jeepers creepers--but this is good to know about the eyelet creeper, as I've been considering getting the short-sleeved one for DD for Easter. Also--that's good to know about the shipping/handling. I've not yet had to send anything back to Hanna, but now I know to ask them about it!

Thanks, everyone, for your input--I think I'm going to call Hanna and see what they say. :)

JenCA
03-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Maureen, this helps me a lot--since Ellen and Julia are similarly built. I've been buying 70s for this summer and completely second-guessing myself, wondering if I should be buying 80s! But, it seems as though Julia will be fine in her 70s for summer. :)