PDA

View Full Version : Shoe size question

cvharris
02-28-2004, 08:30 PM
I want to get Ben some elefanten sandals for the summer while the hanna code is still good. Today I used the hanna shoe chart to measure his foot and he is currently measuring at a 20, which corresponds to US size 5.

If I want him to wear them this summer (June-September), how much should I size up? The size 21 corresponds to a 5 1/2 and the 22 corresponds to a 6 1/2. How fast do their feet grow? I think he may have recently had a growth spurt as he has just outgrown his hanna size 70s and when I measured his foot a couple weeks ago it was only a size 19!

TIA!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

Momof3Labs
02-28-2004, 09:48 PM
The "rule of thumb" is that they grow a size every 2-3 months, but they usually don't grow that evenly. And as always, some babies have feet that grow super fast, and some grow super slow.

I think that a 21 would be pushing it - that might fit at the beginning of the summer, but probably won't last all season. The 22 might work, but if they are too big and he is walking, you won't be able to use them.

IMO, shoes are soooo hard to buy ahead at this age; it really is a crap shoot! If you want to be safe, buy both now and return whatever doesn't fit as the summer approaches!