PDA

View Full Version : Hanna ruffle pants and eyelet bloomers questions

crl
02-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi,

I bought a couple of very cute dresses (Petit Bateau and Bou'chout)that did not come with matching diaper covers. I'm thinking that either the Hanna ruffle pants or the Hanna eyelet bloomers are the way to go.

Is the fabric knit, except for the ruffles? These are summer dresses so I'm leaning towards the ruffle pants, any thoughts on this?

And I need help on sizes. We're adopting (from China--hopefully this summer) and I'm just guessing at sizes at this point. One of the dresses is a size 12 months and one is a size 18 months. Would you get a size 70 to go with the 12 months and an 80 to go with the 18 months? Or???

Thanks!

kwc
02-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Hi!

I am not one of the Hanna experts here but I do have the eyelet bloomers (my only Hanna purchase though MIL gave DD a zipper and moccasins for Christmas morning PJs) because DD has a lot of dresses that I'd rather not bother with tights for.
The fabric (except the woven eyelet ruffle) is a _light_ jersey knit... admittedly a fair bit thinner than I expected after hearing the raves about Hanna quality. It may be because these were made in Latvia though the catalog originally said Sweden... initially, I was a bit miffed for $18 and something like $5 shipping and 4 weeks backorder at Christmastime... BUT they are really adorable and she wears them all the time and have worn well, without any pilling. Since you will be getting your daughter in summertime, you may prefer the lighter weight. They go well with everything, from more formal dresses to her gap denim overalls dress, so even despite my reservations, I will probably order the next size up.

Not sure about sizes overall, but I think the bloomers came in slightly different sizing (DDs are 50/60... and they are just barely starting to seem shorter and snug around the lower leg elastic... she is a thin 14 lbs and about 25 in and still has plenty of room in the tush even with a bulky cloth diaper)... so if you get the bloomers you should be fine with the 70/80...

Good luck with the adoption... so exciting!!!
Karen

cuca_
02-29-2004, 08:53 PM
I have bought several ruffle pants for DD, because we have a lot of dresses that do not have bloomers. They are great. Very soft cotton, and no elastics, so totally comfortable for DD. Initially (I think when DD was about 3 or 4 mos) I got the 60. She wore those for a couple of months. They were a bit big in the waist, but stayed on fine. I purchased some in size 70 I believe in november or december, when DD was about 6 mos. because she outgrew the 60s. At that point DD was wearing size 9 mos. dresses, and maybe an occasional size 12m. I know everyone says Hanna is very generously sized, but in my experience, that has not been the case. It might be because DD is in the 95th percentile for height and 75th for weight. She outgrew her 70s pants long ago, primarily because they are way short on her. Sorry to digress. Anyhow, my point is that I would probably go ahead and get them in size 80 and your DD would probably be able to wear them with both the 12 mos and the 18 mos. You might want to call customer service and double check with them on this, though. I really hope this makes senses. Sorry about the rambling.

HTH

Carmen

crl
02-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Thank you so much!

parkersmama
02-29-2004, 09:57 PM
We have the bloomers and love them! AG has worn them all winter and they are adorable. The fabric is knit on the pants and woven for the eyelet. They are sized in combo sizes 50/60, 70/80, etc. We have the 70/80 and she has been wearing size 70 clothing this winter. The bloomers seem to me like they will be on the short side next winter but they fit great right now and I plan on her wearing them some in the summer, too. Especially if you live in a hot area, you might prefer the ruffle pants for summer.

malisa
03-01-2004, 01:41 AM
We have worn both the bloomers and ruffle pants all summer. For me, it depends on the style of the dress, if the eyelet bloomers will show below the dress, I think that looks adorable. But, if it's sticky hot outside, we go with the short ones.

I think 70/80 is the right size, that is what my daughter wore with her 12-18mos dresses. She's actually still wearing them now that I am mostly buying 24mos dresses. The style of the bloomers just lends itself to being worn a little long in the beginning and much shorter on the leg later on.

One advantage to getting the bloomers is that if you are off on the size, she can then use them in the Fall/Winter.

HTH and good luch with the adoption

Malisa
mom to Isabella 11/9/02